Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a used shear worth

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a used shear worth

I'm looking at a 1989 used accurshear rated for 10' of 1/4" plate. Its been in a race car shop shop so it looks like its been gently used, The shop that its been living in is extremely clean.

What is it worth $$$$$$$$$$$$

Just for comparison. In Oct. of 2009 the shop I was at sold a 1987 10'x1/4" Cincinnati for about $22,500. Had newer blades plus a nice power backgauge & a 10' squareing arm. It was a bargain then, somebody got a steal. Had to be sold within a few weeks so no time to sit on it. Economy was tanked, company going out of business.
    Last edited by MMW; 02-25-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

The one I'm looking at has a 4' squaring arm, It looks almost identical to the one I use at a friends shop and his has a power back gage so I'm hoping this one does to.

Comment

Whats a used shear worth

I have a Pearson 10' x 1/2" early to mid 80's model. Bought it and a break (10'x3/8) all hydraulics worked and everything works good. Bought both for 30 in '06.... I guess let us know what they're asking for it, but it's worth whatever you will pay for it!

Comment

They're asking 16,000 so I offered 15,000 They have to talk to corporate before they can sell.

It looks good for its age and it has a power back gage and the light works also.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
            They're asking 16,000 so I offered 15,000 They have to talk to corporate before they can sell.

It looks good for its age and it has a power back gage and the light works also.
            For a thousand bucks your going to let that get away? Better take a bargin while its there for the taking.

Comment

Whats a used shear worth

I would buy it in your case, a shear would up your productivity tremendously.

Comment

Lars 66,

I thought the same thing as you so I called him when I was about a mile away and offered full asking price and the kid said no lets stick with the 15,000 because I still have to talk to corporate regardless and 15 sounds good to me.

Comment

May not be possible in this situation but I don't like middle men, rather deal direct with who ever can say yes or no.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.