Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

idoling uo or down when welding

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idoling uo or down when welding

i use my bobcat alot for road jobs and aluminum welding. i normally run it to when i'm not welding it will idol down but just recently i was told that if i don't run it at high idol it will burn the reostat out. now i have been welding with it like this for over 4 years an never had any problems.what do you guys think

I have run my trailblazer like that for years without any problems. If I'm going to be running rod after rod or cac I put it on the "rabbit" position. If I'm going to be fitting, grinding with a few welds I leave it in "turtle" position. When my feeder is plugged in it automatically goes to the weld setting.

Comment

Bob cat 225 g ...serial no kc 316991..

Hi ...I have a related problem with my bobcat 225 g ( not sure of the year of manufacture ) serial no kc 316991....for the past 12 months it has started to "rev" up on its own after it gets hot ...which takes about 5 mins ...does any one here know why it is doing this ??.. the solenoid on the carburettor that rev's the engine up after i strike the arc ...or plug some thing in to the power point ...now is operating on its own ....its a nuisance ...it is doing this every few seconds ...maybe some one has had a similar experience ...I know it works by sensing electrical drain ...the battery is new ...thanks in advance
      johny

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.