Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fittings on Oxygen Supply Line

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fittings on Oxygen Supply Line

Can galvanized fittings be used in an oxygen supply line? The gauges on my oxygen tank are too low for me to read and I want to arrange them so they face up rather than forward. Brass fittings cost 3 to 4 times more than galvanized.

Twist the regulator and position it easier to see before you tighten it.

Comment

All fittings used in fuel gas and oxygen lines should be of a non-sparking material...

Comment

Originally posted by bayweld View Post
        All fittings used in fuel gas and oxygen lines should be of a non-sparking material...
        Follow this advice. Three to four times the cost in this instance is only a couple dollars. Brass is also a soft material so it seals better & less chance of ruining the regulator body.

Comment

brass

as you have been told and i agree. use only brass.
          the reason is safty. any spart generated by anythink like steel could cause harm,to you.
          yes they cost more,or do you what to be hurt or injured or worse?
          do what is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry:302542
            Twist the regulator and position it easier to see before you tighten it.
            I second that... makes sense.

Comment

Be sure you get fittings rated at the proper pressure if you're also modifying the high pressure gauge.

I don't know what the specs are for oxygen service, but I imagine the brass is used for corrosion resistance. I don't know how well the galvanized will hold up. It may quickly corrode all the zinc, and then start attacking the steel.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.