Bandsaw Welders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw Welders

What are the capabilities of ideal band saw welders?And Is it possible to join bandsaw blade using TIG welding ? I know that it's not a good way though.

The Ideal fusion blade welding process is a very small part of the entire bandsaw manufacturing process.

Comment

I have had no issues mig welding 3/4 and 1" new blades for my Kalamazoo
      bandsaw ,not ideal but have not broke one yet ,

Comment

Not sure what you're looking for, but there's nothing wrong with welding bandsaw blades with TIG, but you still need to temper the weld with a torch or other heat source. The blade welder just provides a quick way to do the job ... fixturing, welding, tempering and grinding all in one machine.
        Dynasty 300DX
        MM350P
        Hobart Handler 120
        Smith LW7, MW1, AW1
        Smith AR/He Mixer

Comment

Dipsomaniac, have you tried joining band saw blades?
          Forger, what are your blades?
          4sfed - have you tried tig welding on band saw blade?

Comment

I have a blade welder for the 1/2 in blades on the contour saw, but TIG weld my 3/4 in blades for my cut-off saw.
            Dynasty 300DX
            MM350P
            Hobart Handler 120
            Smith LW7, MW1, AW1
            Smith AR/He Mixer

Comment

I own a Wood-Mizer saw mill that we had two (carbide tooth) blades made from existing Double hard stock blades. The heat treatments and finish grinding are the most critical aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by surfside View Post
                Dipsomaniac, have you tried joining band saw blades?
                Forger, what are your blades?
                4sfed - have you tried tig welding on band saw blade?
                Sorry my blade is 3/4" not 1" as I stated, 3/4" x 10'6" on a Kalomazoo 8" x 16" As I bought this machine used several years ago ,it came with a couple of dozen NOS blades kinda of rusty but never used,most of the blades were meant for an 8" x 24" so when I need a new blade I chop saw one down,wire weld (Mig) .035 back together,peen the weld over the anvil,grind it smooth and back in buisness.Most of my cutting is on A36 mild steel(whatever they make that out of these days )I cut dry but do use wax or W40,I don't have any employees so I am the only one who uses the saw,(I baby it)but do use the hydrualic cylinder to let it cut.I wear them out but don't break them.Differnet subject,any one else notice how you can put a temper in mild steel these days?Never use to be able to do that.Must be those Yugo bumpers the have been recycling

Comment

I have couples of bi metal and carbide blades. But they are all great. I was just wondering, I watched TIG welding videos on youtube and I was in doubt if it's possible to apply it on saw blades. Anyhow, what could be normal method that band saw welders do in joining blades?

Putting temper - preheated oven with over 200 degrees Cor I guess;;would that work?

Comment

Only the tips of the teeth are carbide/hi-speed, the band is carbon steel. After welding, it needs to be quickly cooled to transform to martensite, then tempered to keep it from being brittle.
                    Dynasty 300DX
                    MM350P
                    Hobart Handler 120
                    Smith LW7, MW1, AW1
                    Smith AR/He Mixer

Comment

Working...
                    X