X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryarelliott
    started a topic new gun

new gun

I'm looking to buy a new lead and gun for my mm252. Are the Bernard leads worth the extra money compared to the mig matic guns?

• strictlycarved
    replied
    Buy a tweco. Cheaper consumable are far more durable. Was never a huge fan until my q300 broke and switched to tweco last year best move yet.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by TxDarth View Post
    If I were to replace the M20 gun on my 211 AutoSet with one of these which would you recommend?
    If it were me i would buy an M-15 or the M-150 new number mig gun for your 211 to use with lighter metals and the M-25 for use with the heavy...Bob

Leave a comment:

• TxDarth
    replied
    Originally posted by Texas113 View Post
    I like the Tweco guns as a replacement or upgrade. I have only used a Bernard a time or two at a friends shop. I may have gotten lucky but the Tweco has lasted a very long time and has taken two years of heavy shop use.
    If I were to replace the M20 gun on my 211 AutoSet with one of these which would you recommend?

Leave a comment:

• Texas113
    replied
    I like the Tweco guns as a replacement or upgrade. I have only used a Bernard a time or two at a friends shop. I may have gotten lucky but the Tweco has lasted a very long time and has taken two years of heavy shop use.

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    They work fine. Not a lot different than the M-25, though bigger cable and a bit more stout. Either can be had on EPay for about $100 shipped.

Leave a comment:

• Lund Machine Works
    replied
    I have and have had Bernard guns. I even have a brand new one from my Pipeworx, it was never put on when I set it up. They are a POS for pulse welding, there is way to much drag in the tips. If you really want something good go Binzel or Tweco.

Leave a comment:

• weld007
    replied
    Yes a Bernard is worth it best gun you can get, i know i wont buy anything else.

Leave a comment:

• big mike
    replied
    Try a Bernard Q gun with Centerfire consumables and I'll bet you will like it better than the M series that came with your machine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X