new gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new gun

I'm looking to buy a new lead and gun for my mm252. Are the Bernard leads worth the extra money compared to the mig matic guns?

Try a Bernard Q gun with Centerfire consumables and I'll bet you will like it better than the M series that came with your machine.

Comment

Yes a Bernard is worth it best gun you can get, i know i wont buy anything else.

Comment

I have and have had Bernard guns. I even have a brand new one from my Pipeworx, it was never put on when I set it up. They are a POS for pulse welding, there is way to much drag in the tips. If you really want something good go Binzel or Tweco.
        Jeff Lund
        Lund Machine Works
        www.lundmachine.com

Comment

They work fine. Not a lot different than the M-25, though bigger cable and a bit more stout. Either can be had on EPay for about $100 shipped.

Comment

I like the Tweco guns as a replacement or upgrade. I have only used a Bernard a time or two at a friends shop. I may have gotten lucky but the Tweco has lasted a very long time and has taken two years of heavy shop use.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas113 View Post
              I like the Tweco guns as a replacement or upgrade. I have only used a Bernard a time or two at a friends shop. I may have gotten lucky but the Tweco has lasted a very long time and has taken two years of heavy shop use.
              If I were to replace the M20 gun on my 211 AutoSet with one of these which would you recommend?
              Roger Troue

Retired since 2004

Miller 211
              Miller 200 Syncro
              Miller 375 Extreme

Comment

Originally posted by TxDarth View Post
                If I were to replace the M20 gun on my 211 AutoSet with one of these which would you recommend?
                If it were me i would buy an M-15 or the M-150 new number mig gun for your 211 to use with lighter metals and the M-25 for use with the heavy...Bob
                Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Buy a tweco. Cheaper consumable are far more durable. Was never a huge fan until my q300 broke and switched to tweco last year best move yet.
                  Syncrowave 250
                  Millermatic 210
                  dialarc 250
                  spectrum 375x
                  trailblazer 302
                  Lincoln 135

Comment

Working...
                  X