Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

new gun

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new gun

I'm looking to buy a new lead and gun for my mm252. Are the Bernard leads worth the extra money compared to the mig matic guns?

Try a Bernard Q gun with Centerfire consumables and I'll bet you will like it better than the M series that came with your machine.

Comment

Yes a Bernard is worth it best gun you can get, i know i wont buy anything else.

Comment

I have and have had Bernard guns. I even have a brand new one from my Pipeworx, it was never put on when I set it up. They are a POS for pulse welding, there is way to much drag in the tips. If you really want something good go Binzel or Tweco.

Comment

They work fine. Not a lot different than the M-25, though bigger cable and a bit more stout. Either can be had on EPay for about $100 shipped.

Comment

I like the Tweco guns as a replacement or upgrade. I have only used a Bernard a time or two at a friends shop. I may have gotten lucky but the Tweco has lasted a very long time and has taken two years of heavy shop use.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas113 View Post
              I like the Tweco guns as a replacement or upgrade. I have only used a Bernard a time or two at a friends shop. I may have gotten lucky but the Tweco has lasted a very long time and has taken two years of heavy shop use.
              If I were to replace the M20 gun on my 211 AutoSet with one of these which would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by TxDarth View Post
                If I were to replace the M20 gun on my 211 AutoSet with one of these which would you recommend?
                If it were me i would buy an M-15 or the M-150 new number mig gun for your 211 to use with lighter metals and the M-25 for use with the heavy...Bob

Comment

Buy a tweco. Cheaper consumable are far more durable. Was never a huge fan until my q300 broke and switched to tweco last year best move yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.