Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no welding cover specific for the CST 280 ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no welding cover specific for the CST 280 ?

I like to take care of my equipment when it is stored and really like the cover I have for my Millermatic 140c mig welder.

I have been looking at the CST 280 for a stick welder and making a list of all the accessories I will need to get but I don't see a cover that is mentioned to fit it.

The Maxstar 200 is 17.5" long while the CST 280 is 18" long. The Dynasty 200 is 21.5" long which seems way too long.

So I'm not sure how tight the tolerances are on the covers and if the one for the Maxstar 200 will fit the CST 280 or if it will be too tight?

Anyone know which Miller cover will properly fit the CST 280?

Thanks!

I've no specific answer for your welder, but when I needed one for my Lincoln TIG and one wasn't available I headed over to the nearest upholstery shop and had the gal fab one up out of heavy Cordura. Cheaper than what was available...or in this case, not available...and a custom fit that even has the provision for the Argon tank size I am using. so, if you can do without the logo, it might pay to hit the upholstery shops in your area.

Comment

A $10 beach towel will keep the crap off

Comment

machine is the same size.

The maxstar cover should fit. The cover does not have "maxstar" printed on it. The maxstar200 and cst280 seem to share the same case. If you are that worried ask Miller to try the cover.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.