Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millermatic 130 feed speeds

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 130 feed speeds

Does anyone know how to slow the wire feed down beyond the factory specs ??? When I check the specs in the manual the speed is listed as 283-718 ipm. I am welding 22 and 24 gauge metal. And the wire speed seems to be too fast. When I slow the feed speed to the lowest settings (anything below 25) the drive becomes unreliable. After talking to a tech it seems I am out of the factory parameters. The specs on the current production millermatic 140 autoset list the speed as 15-390 ipm. I am thinking a modern motor controller or gear reduction would get the feed down where I need it. Any ideas ? besides buying a new machine. Thanks, Rick.

And what would be the consumable wire size??

Comment

cruizer, .023, argon CO2 mix. Lowest heat setting.
      Thanks, Rick.

Comment

Switch to the standard 030 wire, and range 2. That'll give you some room to move.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.