Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty Wiring Question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty Wiring Question

I know this topic has been discussed many times; however, I haven't found anything that will help with this outlet type specifically. I am using a L15-20 plug on the end of my machine cord and would like to make some pigtail adapters for it. Questions:

1) Is it acceptable to use a female L15-20 and make a pigtail down to a 110v outlet (removing the red wire of course)?

2) Is it ok to use a female L15-20 and run it up to a 480V outlet?

3) Does it matter what side the black and white wires go on when dropping to 110v?

Any answers to these questions would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by cyclechopstop View Post
    I know this topic has been discussed many times; however, I haven't found anything that will help with this outlet type specifically. I am using a L15-20 plug on the end of my machine cord and would like to make some pigtail adapters for it. Questions:

1) Is it acceptable to use a female L15-20 and make a pigtail down to a 110v outlet (removing the red wire of course)?

2) Is it ok to use a female L15-20 and run it up to a 480V outlet?

3) Does it matter what side the black and white wires go on when dropping to 110v?

Any answers to these questions would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
    might just wanna eBay a MVP plug and wire there not that much money

Comment

Dynasty Wiring Question

Don't know about the L15-20 but on 110V you need to wire it as black to hot ,white to neutral and green to ground. Tape red back

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.