Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment around the world

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment around the world

Have you ever been traveling on business or vacation and seen a piece of welding equipment that made you think "The guys at home have GOT to see this"?

Name:  6523263049bf4c29e1457dd63418e7d8.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  51.9 KB

I was in Rwanda last week and in addition to several open air welding shops (no PPE), I got an up close and personal view of this 240v SMAW transformer. It was being used for decorative iron work on a stair railing in a new building in Kigali, the national capital. It hummed and smoked, and made me more appreciative of my Dynasty 200DX.

Name:  e8d1ef3ab55c227e89a8b5a416cc7274.jpg
Size:  44.1 KB

Comment

Oh boy that's something

Comment

Mean while in American I get a fine because my extension cord has electrical tape covering up a chafe mark and my ladders are thrown off the job because my labels are faded and my safety harness is 3 months out of date but has been used less then a dozen times. HUMMMM

Comment

Nikola Tesla did crazier stuff than that, like blowing holes in the heels of his shoes form the force of the arc.

Comment

Gmmandan; just for you, here's an extension cord from the same jobsite. No electrical tape necessary.

Name:  0dbd1c0fb97e34b5d2dc19d19bf3afe0.jpg
Size:  32.0 KB

The ends of the 12ga wire were stripped 1/2" and stuck into a wall socket.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.