Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millermatic Argon inlet CGA #

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic Argon inlet CGA #

I would like to know what the CGA # is on the back of my MM252. I have a dual cylinder rack, and would like to connect a "Y" fitting to feed both tanks into machine as needed (obviously, not at same time)

Does anyone know what the CGA # is?

Thanks

Don't know of a number but its either 9/16-18 or 5/8-18 thread can't remember which....Bob

Comment

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1535

Comment

I plan to add another identical solenoid gas inlet valve to my 211, and a clamp w/o wire feed drive to the front for the spool gun, and another port for the control connector, then rewire the new connector to trigger the new valve so I can leave the spool gun & both bottles connected all the time. I'll notch the spool gun case so the gun can stay inside while connected. I just don't know where to get the clamp w/o motor, or if I'll have to make that.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve83 View Post
          I plan to add another identical solenoid gas inlet valve to my 211, and a clamp w/o wire feed drive to the front for the spool gun, and another port for the control connector, then rewire the new connector to trigger the new valve so I can leave the spool gun & both bottles connected all the time. I'll notch the spool gun case so the gun can stay inside while connected. I just don't know where to get the clamp w/o motor, or if I'll have to make that.

Wow, what an incredible amount of work. It would be a lot cheaper to add quick disconnects to you regs. Even better to have bought a machine with gun on demand.

Comment

Disconnecting is exactly what I don't want to have to do. And the 211 is the machine I wanted - it just needs a few little tweaks, but I have the time to do them. I don't expect to spend much. A valve is only ~$35.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.