Miller Multimatic 200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller Multimatic 200

I Ended up just getting the machine ill get the spoolmate and contractor kit later on

Comment

That contractor kit seems a little pricey to me. It includes another regulator, which I suppose could come in handy. It's nice to have another one I guess. If you consider the regular price of the torch ($325) Then it doesn't seem so bad. But when you can get the torch for $175, then it doesn't seem worth it.

Comment

Miller Multimatic 200

How you like you're machine so far

Comment

I love it. I got her all set up on the cart yesterday. I made a little platform for it so that it sits a little better. I was thinking about whether or not I should start fabing a new cart. When yours arrives you'll have to let me know if you have any problems plugging your torch switch into the machine. I'm anxious for the replacement collar to get here so that I can see if it was just the original collar that was defective or if it's something else.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, just a thought (maybe I'm waaay to ****). I have a hard time seeing the arrows on the MVP plugs in dim light so here's what I do with them...
            Attached Files

Comment

Miller Multimatic 200

I would probably be making something on my welding rig so when I'm welding a fence or anything it could sit on like on a rack I would post pics of it but I don't know how to do it through my phone

Comment

Technology can be a bit challenging at times.

I've just been out in garage for almost 2 hours practicing. I've been running bead after bead on 3/16 flat stock with only a little brushing in between and haven't exceeded duty cycle yet (both flux-core & stick). I was actually trying to see if I could. I probably won't be welding anything much thicker than 3/8 that I can see. I was pretty happy. Nice smooth arc on both processes.

Comment

Miller Multimatic 200

Some guys are full of **** on duty cycle at work we have a mm 252,mm212 And some mm140 and those 140 take a beating we use them everyday about 10 hours a day and they have a duty cycle of 20% at 90 a. So I'm sure the multimatic will also take beatin

Comment

I had a little concern about a multipurpose machine after reading some of the posts, but I think that I chose the right machine for me. It should fit my needs perfectly. Now I'm trying to find someplace local to buy some steel. Speedymetals doesn't seem to far. They're in New Berlin, WI. Home Depot & TSC are expensive.

Comment

Miller Multimatic 200

When I need a lot of steel I just tell my boss if he can order some for me because he gets his as whole sale but I just seen my thunderbolt xl has 20% duty cycle at 150a and I never knew

Comment

You're lucky in that respect. I used to have a few connections too, but those days are gone.

I don't think I've ever exceeded the duty cycle on any of the welders I've had. But then again, I don't weld for a living and I don't do anything that requires a lot of heavy duty weld time either.

Comment

Miller Multimatic 200

Looks like one of my next projects is building 10 Ft panels to make dog kennel

Comment

You going to wait for the new welder?

Comment

Miller Multimatic 200

I sure am , I have couple of projects as soon as the welder comes in , build 4 10ft panels for a dog kennel , weld some fenders on my welder trailer ,I have to built about 200 ft of wrought ion fence

Comment

Sounds like you're really going to put it to work. I'm going to try to weld some thinner stuff this afternoon. I'm curious to see how it will do on some 16g scrap. So far, the auto-set has been pretty good. I'm sure someone with more experience would fine tune it to their liking, but for the most part, I've found it fine. I have tried tweaking it a little, both up & down just to see the difference. It the stick mode, it seemed to make more of a difference than in the flux-core.

Comment

Working...
                                X