Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banned from Weld Talk at Hobart site

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from Weld Talk at Hobart site

I found out this morning I was banned from the Hobart site. I have no idea why. Anyone else here a member there and noticed any problems? I was on the site less than 8 hours ago.
    Nick

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    I found out this morning I was banned from the Hobart site. I have no idea why. Anyone else here a member there and noticed any problems? I was on the site less than 8 hours ago.
    Nick
    Maybe it's because you used the "G" word in your post about the DVD not playing. It's politics. "The Man" is trying to keep you down.

Comment

Nick, they've been having spam problems. In their haste to keep ahead of it, a legitimate user or two may get caught in the crossfire. Brian posted about this a couple weeks back.

I sent him an email to fix it. Let me know if you don't get reinstated in fairly short order.

Comment

Originally posted by kvwall View Post
        Maybe it's because you used the "G" word in your post about the DVD not playing. It's politics. "The Man" is trying to keep you down.
        What G word?

Comment

Originally posted by USMCPOP View Post
          Nick, they've been having spam problems. In their haste to keep ahead of it, a legitimate user or two may get caught in the crossfire. Brian posted about this a couple weeks back.

I sent him an email to fix it. Let me know if you don't get reinstated in fairly short order.
          I appreciate it. Thanks. i can't imagine why I was banned unless it was a mistake.

Comment

What G word?
            Gun. With all the shootings going on around the country people are getting sketchy. My comment was more of a joke though. :-)

Comment

OK. I get it

Comment

Brian emailed and said you're reinstated. He had deleted about 15 pages of spam. I can see how your post with a title about a DVD not playing would sure look like spam at a glance. Especially being in the forum support section.

Comment

Thanks man. I got the email saying he heard from you. I back on. Yaaaaa
                  I figured it was an accident. I'm sure he has much crap to go through with spam and bad posts.
                  Nick

Comment

Seems like Weld Talk and Welding Web have been hit hard by spammers lately.

Comment

I've seen that on Weld Talk quite a bit. I wonder what is the purpose.

Comment

I appreciate it. Thanks. i can't imagine why I was banned unless it was a mistake.
                        As he said, they posted that some legitimate users may accidentally get banned.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.