Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service Manual Dynasty 350

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Manual Dynasty 350

If anyone knows where I can buy the proper service manual for a Dynasty 350 SN LJ300078L I'd appreciate a link. My machine is out of warranty and has a small problem with the HF. I want to fix it and I'm comfortable fixing it myself. I need to reference Miller's manual so that I'm confident I'm back in their specs. If you have a pdf that works too. Thanks!
    Last edited by wumpscut223; 11-03-2013, 07:44 PM.

My problem is below... advice on a fix would make me happy too...
    I got a deal on a Tigrunner Dynasty 350 that (I hope) only has a small problem. I like tinkering on everything including electrical so fixing it will be fun along with the functioning welder. It has a HF start issue that is intermittent. You can watch this exact unit weld at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqETCTp5DAs

The serial is : LJ300078L

Where would you start with troubleshooting?

Comment

I had a similar problem when I bought my first Dynasty350 pre-blue lightning. I messed with start parameters and fouled it up so bad I called my rep. He came out and did a default parameters reset and it worked perfect since.

I would do a parameter reset just to rule that out.

Comment

Sounds like this is the one from eBay ? I would have to check back to see serial number the same

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o216869k_mil.pdf
          Try this link
          Kevin

Comment

Thanks Kevin. I already have the owners manual. I'm looking for the document a technician would use for troubleshooting. Something with pin voltages and a flow chart I can follow.

I will reset the unit as a first step then. Is the owners manual method sufficient or is there a deeper reset sequence? From the owners manual "To reset the active memory, polarity, and process to original factory set- tings, lockout feature must be off (see Section 6-9). Turn power on and then press and hold the Pro- cess, Output, and Gas/DIG switch pads before the machine name clears the meters."

Yes I ebayed this.

Comment

Keep us posted I looked at it but would not budge on price so passed but would love to know what's going on with it and if u find a tech manual I would love to face one for later Down the road.
              How many hours and arc starts are on the machine ?

Comment

Originally posted by wumpscut223 View Post
                Thanks Kevin. I already have the owners manual. I'm looking for the document a technician would use for troubleshooting. Something with pin voltages and a flow chart I can follow.

I will reset the unit as a first step then. Is the owners manual method sufficient or is there a deeper reset sequence? From the owners manual "To reset the active memory, polarity, and process to original factory set- tings, lockout feature must be off (see Section 6-9). Turn power on and then press and hold the Pro- cess, Output, and Gas/DIG switch pads before the machine name clears the meters."

Yes I ebayed this.
                Yes, the owner manual method.

Comment

Any luck yet ?

Comment

Not yet. I'm out of town for a few days for work. I will report back as soon as I get a chance to try it out. I'll do the reset and check hours etc and post results. Thanks for the help guys.

Does anyone know if the HF cards can be swapped from a newer unit as an "upgrade" to the board design? I noticed the part numbers are different. I think mine has points and the newer ones do not? The newer version card is about %25 percent of the price too

My SN references these part numbers PC7 . .
                    233 144 . . CIRCUIT CARD ASSY, HF (CE ROHS)
                    189 786 . . . . CONTACT, SPARK GAP
                    196 455 . . . . POINT, SPARK GAP

The next SN series references this part number
                    PC7 . . 235 476 . . CIRCUIT CARD ASSY,
                    Last edited by wumpscut223; 02-10-2013, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Back In Town... Second Issue...

I bought a 6/3 power cord because I noticed the unit didn't have a pig tail attached. I opened the top of the box and the manual to go with the welder. It looks like the welder is supposed to be shipped with a pigtail already wired into the welder. Most obviously it would hook to the back of the switch....

So the 700 series power cable instructions say to use the top two poles on the switch for single phase. But those are the push in and screw clamp connections. The 350 uses spade terminals.

Is the 350 the same as far as connection location goes? I will be using it single phase.

Comment

Cruizer maybe you can help?

Ok... I finally got the machine hooked up. For those of you who requested the usage stats they are - 415 hours and 135308 cycles.

I completed a factory reset per the owners manual.

Today I tested both AC and DC and found them to be functional using the Lift Arc method.

I checked and cleaned the HF points and set them to .010. HF did not work at all no matter the pedal position or AC/DC. What is my next troubleshooting step?

Comment

Because the HF worked but was erratic, I'd say that PC-7 is pooched.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                            Because the HF worked but was erratic, I'd say that PC-7 is pooched.

The HF never worked for me but the seller claimed that it is intermittent. Do you have any troubleshooting guidance for PC7? That is a $500 part and I'd rather change components if I am able to source them. I am comfortable soldering and testing components as directed.

Does anyone have a schematic for the PC7 board?

Thanks!

Comment

I appear to be the only one with that info, but it won't help you.

Only 2 checks to make

RC1 check for 325Volts bewteen RC1-1 to RC1-3, unit on at idle

RC2 check for +15 volts between RC2-1 to RC2-2 HF off
                              Check for 0 volts HF on

Or 700HZ betwwen RC2-1 and RC2-2 HF on

If that is there, all is happy and you need a new PC-7 Replacing parts on this board is probably NOT a good thing. as it may dynamite the rest of the machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.