Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

my syncrowave 351 tig machine shielding gas free flows when im welding please help

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my syncrowave 351 tig machine shielding gas free flows when im welding please help

does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have to turn the switch to smaw to stop the argon from flowing. Im wasting a lot of gas

Need some more info. Does it eventually stop after you let off the pedal? This would be your post flow setting. Is it hooked up correctly to the gas solenoid? Do you have a manual to check all your machine settings? Did it work fine before & now this problem just started?

Comment

I'm clueless on fixing these things, but the gas solenoid would be the first thing I would check.

More knowledgeable people (Cruizer, etc.) will probably chime in soon.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
        Need some more info. Does it eventually stop after you let off the pedal? This would be your post flow setting. Is it hooked up correctly to the gas solenoid? Do you have a manual to check all your machine settings? Did it work fine before & now this problem just started?
        It just flows as soon as I turn on the gas.The reg appears to be fine and the gas pedal appears to be hooked up correctly. It used to work fine. its been doing this for about a month before i realized something was wrong

Comment

From your first post
          "I have to turn the switch to smaw to stop the argon from flowing. Im wasting a lot of gas"

So your saying when you flip the mode switch from stick to tig the solenoid opens & gas starts flowing? When you flip it back to stick mode the solenoid closes & stops the gas?

From your second post
          "It just flows as soon as I turn on the gas"

If it flows continuously I would check the solenoid. Maybe crap in it. Maybe no wire not connected. Have you tried disconnecting the pedal in tig mode to see if it still flows?

Please post serial # so cruizer or someone can help you better.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.