Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller XMT 304 CC

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller XMT 304 CC

I am new to welding. I acquired a Millermatic 175 and can do basic mig.

I have a Miller XMT 304 cc. Not a cc/cv.

I am hooking it to a 220 line with a 50 amp breaker. I assume this is adaquate for basic stick welding.

That is my question. Will the 50 circuit be ok? I do not plan on using it at max.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Thanks

According to the owner's manual, it requires 47 amps. A 50 amp breaker ought to be just fine.

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2208as_mil.pdf

Comment

Setting on the Miller 304 cc

Ok. Now what are the basic settings for the Miller XMT 304 CC. I am going to weld on a front bucket on a backhoe. Repair work. I split the corner and need to repair.

I have not used the 304 and need to determine the proper settings.

Comment

I have never used one, but there should be some starting settings listed in the manual.

Comment

Make sure when you power it up ( Wiring the plug ) When hooking it up to single phase you do not use the red wire.

Set the machine on panel verses remote ( Remote is for changing your amps with a remote that you dont need.

And set it to arc weld and you should be fine.

Comment

I would use this online weld calculator to find a good starting point for your weld settings.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...calculator.php

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.