Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here use RADNOR products?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone here use RADNOR products?

    Just visited the LWS "AirGas" here and found the only thing they really stock is Radnor products.

    I am going to be starting from scratch so will need:
    Ground Clamp
    Stinger
    Tweco or Dinse connectors
    Stick welding cable

    They quoted me some #2 25ft welding cable at $43 or 50ft for $84. That seems a LOT cheaper than what you have to pay for Hobart welding leads at Tractor Supply.

    Does anyone use Radnor stingers, grounds, connectors, or leads?

    They did have a few Tweco brand stingers and ground clamps so not sure which to buy.

    They didn't have any Tweco brand connectors, just this Radnor brand that they said would fit Tweco's on the welders. I didn't see anything on the shelf to fit Dinse.

  • #2
    Radnor is the Airgas house brand. Various companies put the Radnor name on their products for Airgas. Some of their stuff is good, but some is also junk. Gotta watch what you buy. They use the name Radnor because Airgas , I belive, started in Radnor, PA.
    JIM

    Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jpence38 View Post
      Radnor is the Airgas house brand. Various companies put the Radnor name on their products for Airgas. Some of their stuff is good, but some is also junk. Gotta watch what you buy. They use the name Radnor because Airgas , I belive, started in Radnor, PA.
      Would these kits be considered "cheap" quality too?
      http://store.cyberweld.com/twelhocaasno.html
      http://store.cyberweld.com/twgrclcaasno.html

      Looking at the picture, even though it is branded as Tweco, the stinger in the picture does not match the Tweco stinger picture if bought by itself.

      I can't even buy the ground and stinger for those prices, so I'm wonder if that is a good sign to look elsewhere?

      My intentions are to have a whip ground and stinger in the range of 10-25ft and then have a 50ft section I can add between. All cables would be #2 to handle 100% 200Amps DC.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you are going to be using these things on a regular basis, my advice to you would be to not skimp on the quality. I would get the Jackson brand stinger and ground. As for the cable, for what you will be doing, the radnor brand is sufficient. I have 200 ft. of 2/0 Radnor cable.

        What kind of machine (power source) are you using??

        http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS138-14680.html
        Last edited by jpence38; 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM.
        JIM

        Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
        Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
        Dynasty 200DX
        Maxstar 150 STL
        Trailblazer 302
        Suitecase 12RC
        Extreme 12VS
        Extreme 8VS
        Spoolmatic 30A
        Miller HF251D-1
        Passport Plus
        Spoolmate 100
        Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
        Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
        Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
        JD Squared Model 32 Bender
        Miller Digital Elite

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jpence38 View Post
          If you are going to be using these things on a regular basis, my advice to you would be to not skimp on the quality. I would get the Jackson brand stinger and ground. As for the cable, for what you will be doing, the radnor brand is sufficient. I have 200 ft. of 2/0 Radnor cable.

          What kind of machine (power source) are you using??

          http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS138-14680.html
          Will be using a Miller CST 280.

          Comment


          • #6
            radnor products

            I use their consumables with no problems

            Comment


            • #7
              Their abrasives leave a lot to be desired, haha.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Radnor grinding wheels I've seen were made by Norton.

                Comment


                • #9
                  So the Radnor brand connectors fit Tweco style machines ok?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by clint738 View Post
                    So the Radnor brand connectors fit Tweco style machines ok?
                    Anyone?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X