Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here use RADNOR products?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here use RADNOR products?

Just visited the LWS "AirGas" here and found the only thing they really stock is Radnor products.

I am going to be starting from scratch so will need:
    Ground Clamp
    Stinger
    Tweco or Dinse connectors
    Stick welding cable

They quoted me some #2 25ft welding cable at $43 or 50ft for $84. That seems a LOT cheaper than what you have to pay for Hobart welding leads at Tractor Supply.

Does anyone use Radnor stingers, grounds, connectors, or leads?

They did have a few Tweco brand stingers and ground clamps so not sure which to buy.

They didn't have any Tweco brand connectors, just this Radnor brand that they said would fit Tweco's on the welders. I didn't see anything on the shelf to fit Dinse.

Radnor is the Airgas house brand. Various companies put the Radnor name on their products for Airgas. Some of their stuff is good, but some is also junk. Gotta watch what you buy. They use the name Radnor because Airgas , I belive, started in Radnor, PA.

Comment

Originally posted by jpence38 View Post
      Radnor is the Airgas house brand. Various companies put the Radnor name on their products for Airgas. Some of their stuff is good, but some is also junk. Gotta watch what you buy. They use the name Radnor because Airgas , I belive, started in Radnor, PA.
      Would these kits be considered "cheap" quality too?
      http://store.cyberweld.com/twelhocaasno.html
      http://store.cyberweld.com/twgrclcaasno.html

Looking at the picture, even though it is branded as Tweco, the stinger in the picture does not match the Tweco stinger picture if bought by itself.

I can't even buy the ground and stinger for those prices, so I'm wonder if that is a good sign to look elsewhere?

My intentions are to have a whip ground and stinger in the range of 10-25ft and then have a 50ft section I can add between. All cables would be #2 to handle 100% 200Amps DC.

Comment

If you are going to be using these things on a regular basis, my advice to you would be to not skimp on the quality. I would get the Jackson brand stinger and ground. As for the cable, for what you will be doing, the radnor brand is sufficient. I have 200 ft. of 2/0 Radnor cable.

What kind of machine (power source) are you using??

http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS138-14680.html
        Last edited by jpence38; 02-01-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpence38 View Post
          If you are going to be using these things on a regular basis, my advice to you would be to not skimp on the quality. I would get the Jackson brand stinger and ground. As for the cable, for what you will be doing, the radnor brand is sufficient. I have 200 ft. of 2/0 Radnor cable.

What kind of machine (power source) are you using??

http://www.bakersgas.com/NAS138-14680.html
          Will be using a Miller CST 280.

Comment

radnor products

I use their consumables with no problems

Comment

Their abrasives leave a lot to be desired, haha.

Comment

The Radnor grinding wheels I've seen were made by Norton.

Comment

So the Radnor brand connectors fit Tweco style machines ok?

Comment

Originally posted by clint738 View Post
                    So the Radnor brand connectors fit Tweco style machines ok?
                    Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.