Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally OT....DVD won't play

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally OT....DVD won't play

I just received a dvd on gun servicing. On my new computer, Windows 7, only the FBI warning comes up and then then a picture header and will not play after that. Took the dvd and it will play on an old XP computer. The Date on dvd is from 2009. Any ideas??
    Nick

Time machine?

Comment

What does that mean?

Comment

Well, I called the company with the number they had on the dvd case and it's a bad number. So, I go to the web site and got the correct number...off by one digit. I called, left a message. Guess what. Someone called me back within an hour. Didn't expect that. The problem....when the dvd loads and you see the pause,play, forward and reverse at the bottom..they will not do anything. You have to put your cursor over some words on still picture and click. It doesn't indicate that. It should say start or begin or something like that. You would have no idea to click there. Bottom line..51 minute video of complete teardown and reassembly of Ruger Mark11. Video was good, sound good. Well worth the price of $15 from Grizzly. These guns are great but a bear to put together if you don't know how.
        Nick

Comment

Was just saying a time machine back to 2009 might solve the problem

The mark 1,2,3 series of ruger pistols are a nightmare to strip and reassemble. Once you are shown and try it yourself several times it becomes slightly easier lol.

Comment

If you ever have problems with a DVD again, you can rip it using free software like DVDFabDecrypter and then you'll have direct access to the titles without having to go thru the menus. You can even remaster the DVD and put the buttons where they belong using other software, then burn it back to a disk with a printable surface and make your own backup copy. For anything else about DVDs, check the discussion forums at Doom9 or AfterDawn.

Comment

Totally OT....DVD won't play

I love ruger pistols thy shoot pretty good but I like my smith and Wesson m&p a little bit better

Comment

Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                Well, I called the company with the number they had on the dvd case and it's a bad number. So, I go to the web site and got the correct number...off by one digit. I called, left a message. Guess what. Someone called me back within an hour. Didn't expect that. The problem....when the dvd loads and you see the pause,play, forward and reverse at the bottom..they will not do anything. You have to put your cursor over some words on still picture and click. It doesn't indicate that. It should say start or begin or something like that. You would have no idea to click there. Bottom line..51 minute video of complete teardown and reassembly of Ruger Mark11. Video was good, sound good. Well worth the price of $15 from Grizzly. These guns are great but a bear to put together if you don't know how.
                Nick
                Very simple.

Griff

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.