Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tb302

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tb302

I'm looking at a Trailblazer 302. Date of manufacture is 8/9/06. Hours are 1426. Serial: 3622103371 Model #: CH23S.

Seller wants $1800. No leads, no accessories, machine only.

First, can someone run the serial and tell me if anything looks odd? Second, is that a decent price? Seems ok. I would have a 250 mile round trip to go get it. Third, all information is provided by the seller over the phone. I have only seen a couple pictures of the unit and have not verified anything for my self.
    Last edited by elvis; 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM.

Well thats NOT the serial#

Comment

What should the serial start with? Letters right? Like the rest of miller products? Anythijng I should be looking for? I haven't seen it in person yet.

Comment

Here's MILLER'S SERIAL NUMBERS

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html

Comment

judging by the model # you posted, I think the seller gave you the serial number of the engine itslef, not the welder.

Comment

Tb302

Did you get a picture of the model/serial number on the front plate of the welder?

Comment

Nope just over he phone. I think I'm going to pass on the welder. I talked to him some more and ask him more about it. He basically told me that his work bought it and then he took it home 3 years ago, where it has sat since. Seems like they might have needed it a little at work if it got to 1400 hours in a few years.

I'd really like one of these welders, is there anything i should be looking for? A target amount of hours to stay under? 1400 seems like a lot for a little gas engine.

Comment

Don't worry about those hours on the engine. I've looked at a number of lincoln 305G welders (same kohler engine) - lots had around 5000 hours, some even 7 or 8000. Just use an oil recommended for small engines. Mine had the cam lobes worn off, and the tech I talked to cited oil as the most common cause. Newer oil grades tend to skimp on some of the ingredients that are important to these engines.

Jason

Comment

IF it was poor cam wear I would look at oil with higher zddp levels. When I get one I'll probably run amsoil in it like I do with the rest of my internal combustions engines.

Good to know on the hours. If i jumped in a piece of equipment and saw 1400 I wouldn't be concerned but small gas engines always worry me. But I guess these engines actually have oil filtration. That helps a ton.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.