Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport Plus obsolete

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Plus obsolete

In a past post it was pointed out that the unit wasn't in the 2013 catalog. Now I see it has been removed from the product page of the website. So if someone was wanting one of these units, they probably better not hold off buying to deep into this year.

Passport Plus obsolete

That's upsetting I wonder the reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rezeppa View Post
      That's upsetting I wonder the reasoning.
      Because they have the 200 now

Comment

I noticed that, too. It's a shame, because not everyone wants a 3 in one machine. I've heard the Passport will take a good beating, but I'm not so sure of the Multimatic, because of everything else in it.

Comment

I don't really see how the units are supposed to be interchangeable. The only real similarity is their amp range, and they both have mvp. A similar case as the passport had should be on the multimatic. Then I would consider it an all in all upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by wkdivr View Post
            I've heard the Passport will take a good beating
            I beat the crap out of the 3 I own. As long as I keep liners, tips, and nozzles on the truck, the machine keeps making me money. I have even had it completely soaked in condensation due to working in a 10 degree frezzer for a day then bringing it out in the 90 degree heat and it welded fine the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
              I don't really see how the units are supposed to be interchangeable. The only real similarity is their amp range, and they both have mvp. A similar case as the passport had should be on the multimatic. Then I would consider it an all in all upgrade.
              That's my concern exactly. I just don't think the Multimatic will take the abuse the Passport Plus will.

Comment

Originally posted by Cgotto6 View Post
                It does have the same case

Name:  a2f9da6d0e31abef217bbca6eb4dbcf5.png
Views: 1
Size:  74.8 KB

Comment

Weight reduction

The weight reduction is a real plus.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.