Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TB302 Surges in Auto-Speed

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB302 Surges in Auto-Speed

I'm wondering if anyone has an answer as to why my Trailblazer 302 Air-Pak is surging while in the auto-speed position. I had my Diversion 180 plugged into it when this started. It was also raining a little when it started. The TB has 19 hours on it and I got it new last August.

When I turn the TB switch to "Run" it's fine. When I go back to "Auto-speed" it surges. The surging stops when the Diversion is turned off. No other equipment is plugged in at the time and the Diversion is plugged into the 240v plug.

Thanks.

Judging from the low number of views, perhaps there are no replies because I posted this on a holiday. I was hoping cruizer would chime in.

Comment

Well, the Diversion is trying to maintain a charge in its windings, so its charging and discharging, really your 302 should be at the run position whenever the 230 is in use.

Might want to check your RPM via a freq meter (I don't trust the RPM display)

44Hz low and 62.5 HZ high probes inserted into the 120 aux terminals.

Comment

Thank you sir. I'll keep it in run from now on. I was trying to be cheap with the fuel I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.