Miller maxstar 200sd suitcase welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller maxstar 200sd suitcase welder

There is a guy selling one of these welders looks new for $650.00. That seems awful cheap. Is that really possible without it being stolen or destroyed somehow?

I see the 150s for sale for $500 all the time. Make sure that they have everything with them (torch, ground cable) and make sure to test them out good.

Comment

Look and see. Try it. Look for serial numbers, that will tell the age. New the unit is about $2200

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
        Look and see. Try it. Look for serial numbers, that will tell the age. New the unit is about $2200
        I cant even mig weld properly yet. I was just curious cause it seems like a very low price for something that cost a good bit of money. I was looking for some metal actually and came across it. The ad is from 12-12 there has to be a catch. That just seems a bit to cheap.

Comment

these are 2 of the three images he has shown. Hopefully I uploaded them right.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you can get some one to try it, check the time meter and serial # for age, it sound ok if it doesn't have lots of hours on it. Is it unit only. Are you looking for a tig/stick for steel only? Are you looking to weld stainless/thinner steel, it's an SD it's not the best choice for that. DX would be a better choice

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
              If you can get some one to try it, check the time meter and serial # for age, it sound ok if it doesn't have lots of hours on it. Is it unit only. Are you looking for a tig/stick for steel only? Are you looking to weld stainless/thinner steel, it's an SD it's not the best choice for that. DX would be a better choice

Ya I just figured for such a good price it might worth just getting. But when i do get to the tig, I would like to be able to do stainless, aluminum. Not to mention an arc welder. I know it seems that would do tig/stick. But I am no where near that yet. I still have to get the mig welding down on my M211. So I will pass on that. I dont know enough about it. There are so many things I would rather have before that. Like a plasma cutter. Which the plazma will be my next unit. I figured I would get a Plasma cutter a good one, after I actually learn to mig good.

So I will pass, I was just thinking for such a low price. BUt I think there has to be something up with that machine. I googled the phone number and it seems like a young kid, kid meaning tean or early 20. He was selling a snowboard, that he would trade for an xbox or a bigger tv. So something dont seem right. And you know I learned if something seems to good to be true it ALWAYS is. And I prefer to by my equiptment New!

Was just something I wanted to run by the boards here. I got alot of good info and everyone is always so helpful. So i will stay practicing my Mig welding and get that down before I buy another welder. I would like to get an arc welder which will be after I get a plasma cutter. But ya I prefer to go with new. Although that seemed like a killer price. But like i said I dont need that yet. In time I want to be able to do all welding mig, tig, arc, oxy/acetylene. But in time no rush on the other ones. Mig is what I am learning now with my MM211. So just wanted to run it by some of the guys like yourself here on the boards.

Thanks for the info.

Pat M
              Last edited by pmac; 01-20-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Hey Pat-

Could you check that maxstar out and give me a pm with serial and such? Or pass on the contact info? I know it is on the other side of the country, but that is a nice machine. I don't really see a need for a pulser, which the big advantage to the maxstar dx...
                MillerMatic 251
                Maxstar 150 STH
                Cutmaster 42
                Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

that is a killer deal, i would be all over that if i didn't already get a similar deal on a 200str, i would like the high freq but i can live without it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                    Hey Pat-

Could you check that maxstar out and give me a pm with serial and such? Or pass on the contact info? I know it is on the other side of the country, but that is a nice machine. I don't really see a need for a pulser, which the big advantage to the maxstar dx...
                    I emailed him nothing back yet. I thought that was a good deal. I will see what info I can get on it. I did email asked if he still has it and a few questions like if it does come with torch and cables.

Il see what kind of info I can get. Like I said so far no response.

Comment

I emailed him no response. I called no response. Probebly in jail. I dont know. I would buy that thing if he would respond. I dont need it at the time. But for 650.00. I would take it to have for when I do need it.

Something seems wrong with it really does. I cant imagine no one would have bought that thing right up since december 12th. I would take it just to have it for future use. I dont know seems cheap for such an expensive unit. It says it was used 5 times i know you cant go by that. One thing i see on there, if you look you can tell it was cleaned up, but around the inputs there is a nice layer of dust. I know that dont mean anything. I just cant see what a young guy would be doing with such an expensive welder, and why no one bought it yet. Good deals dont last long.
                      Last edited by pmac; 01-21-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X