Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mag drill

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag drill

What do you guys think about this drill: http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/tls/3554889692.html

You can buy a new one for 50-100 bucks more with warranty. Google it.

Comment

Mag drill

Agree it is to old and ill bet its heavier than ****. I would probably stay away as previously stated you could get a Jancey or Hougan used on eBay and get a better drill. Also for a little more a new one with warranty. It looks to me like a BUX stand with a porter cable core drill attached it has a regular chuck instead of an annular cutter chuck. I would think you would want to use Hougan bits instead.
      Last edited by Rezeppa; 01-21-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Paid around $200-$250 for a BUX with a break-your-****ed-arm-&-both-legs if it binds ancient Milwaukee drill with an 18N Jacobs Superchuck. Best money I spent except for maybe a TE72 Hilti hammer drill for $75. The downside is that the pair are heavy...very heavy. For the price this one is offered at, I'd look elsewhere...especially if you are thinking of using annular cutter bits.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yep. If I need a drill like this it will most certainly be using annular cutters. Didn't even think about the chuck being compatible.

Move along now, nothing to see here...

Comment

Mag drill

Elvis I recommend finding a used Jancey slugger while you still can. Jancey was purchased by Fein but I have always had great luck with the old Jancey products my first one is still drilling like the day I got it and the weight isn't the lightest but its manageable. Just my 2cents

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.