Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectrum 300 blown transistors, part numbers?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spectrum 300 blown transistors, part numbers?

I was recently given a Spectrum 300 plasma that's not operational. Looks like two of the main power transistors have popped, unfortunetly bad enough that I can't read any kind of part number on them to source replacements.

Is there any way to get these numbers, short of buying a replacement board? I've attached pictures of the affected units, and in the wide shot, it would be the 2nd and 4th heat sink from the left.

I can handle the replacement no problem, I'm quite familiar with working with electronic components, and have the full service area here at the house for electronic work - temp controlled solder stations, hot air station, static controlled work area, etc. Just need to know what transistors are in there, lol.

Also, any idea what would have caused this?

Unit had a massive power surge, and to blow these power mosfet, rest ssured thats not the only issue. Best toss the project.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.