Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best 7018 rod on the market?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 7018 rod on the market?

What's is the best 7018 rod money can buy???

ESAB ok 55 7018 i think that is what they where called man what a rod or i had a hellava day. but i use lincoln excalibur or blue shield there good, but i'll have to try the ESAB again.
    Last edited by weld007; 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Excaliber or Atom Arc In that order.

Comment

7018 electrode

Originally posted by Gmmandan View Post
        Excaliber or Atom Arc In that order.
        atom arc by esab al the way. excalibur #2

Comment

Personally ill say air liquide's blue shield. I know that's what we use for 99%of pressure joints anyway. Personal preference really

Comment

Lincoln Excalibur is what our shop provides and all like it. We were using Hobart
            and then got some free Excalibur to try and that was all it took.

Comment

In my opinion, out of the ones I have used (Lincoln, Hobart, Randor, and one other that for the life of me I can't recall what it was at the moment) its the Lincoln Excalibur hands down. The reason I say that is because most of the time the slag is really quite effortless to remove, it **** near comes off by itself and sometimes it actually does come off by itself.

I haven't tried/used the ESAB version yet. Alot of people swear by it. But I just would not know about that one.

Comment

blue shield for sure then Excalibur. use to us esab in the shop but had way too many problems with these rods... (flux issues)

Comment

I agree with Excalibur then blue shield. It restrikes the easiest, best arc stability, easiest slag removal, and the least amount of splatter.

Comment

I can tell you what it's not, lincoln 7018 AC. Welded with a mixed can of 7018ac and Excalibur. Same project, machine and settings. I could not understand why I could and couldn't see the puddle/slag differentiation at different times during the repair. The Excalibur had an easy to read puddle, the AC rod was a molten mess of slag.

Comment

Excal. Here. All iv used for probly 7-8 years now.

Comment

McKay 7018 XLM...Bob
                        http://www.hobartbrothers.com/produc...?name=7018+XLM

Comment

I always prefer one of 2 brands of 7018 for dc welding.
                          Esab ok55 7018. I prefer the ok55 over the Atom Arc 7018.
                          Air Liquid Blue Shield 7018. Very nice welding rod but flux is more dificult to remove than the ok55.

Comment

ESAB Atom Arc's!!! Hands down or up, actually any position you can put your hands in! The flux comes off the rod just right, they burn nice and tight and dig like a shovel. Beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.