Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

everlast welders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    ttppoopp , you are right. He could be in a financial situation where that is all he can afford and wants to buy now. Miller,lincoln, and Hobart are industry proven. There are old ones out there and still kicking.
    You can go to walley world and buy work boots for 50.00. or red wings for 200.00. you can walk in both of them. By the time your feet feel good in the cheap ones it is time for another. The quality product will feel good from the start. You get what you pay for.
    I wish him the best of luck which ever way he goes.

    Comment


    • #17
      there is a lot of info and testing on these on welding tips and tricks web site. looks like a decent machine but still blue blooded.....
      trail blazer 302
      hypertherm plasma
      millermatic 251
      high feq. arc starter
      suit case (extreme 12vs)
      o/a torches
      way to many other tools to list

      Comment


      • #18
        I owned one for all of about 20 days! It was their top of the line 250 EXT machine that was suppose to be be best machine they ever had.. It wasn't EVER properly tested prior to being sold to the public mainly because Everlast is owned by one EX Russian dude that came to America to make his fortune and he's made a pretty good one so far selling JUNK welding machines and bull****ting his customers. Sure he'll send you out replacement parts I spoke with him more HOURS than I care to recall and during those calls he told me far too much about his company and what he pays for his equipment. A machine that he sells for 2K he has no more than 350 bucks in and he buys so much from the factory in China they ship him full containers of spare parts with every order for free just to continue doing business with him. He can replace anything you have go wrong and you will have plenty... On the 250 EXT his field test consisted of his field service man whom works from his house in Georgia while Everlast is in Cali they don't have a service department. This dude sits around his house in his BVD's eating Captin Crunch all day BSing poor unsuspecting customers like he know's what he's talking about. He's NOT EVER A WELDER!! He cuts down trees and sells fire wood when not chatting on the phone like he's an engineer and know's his **** which he don't know SHEEET! The Foot control on the EXT wouldn't work for at all and his tech repair man said --------------------> Real TIG welders don't use foot controls you should learn to weld and use the trigger on the torch.. He said that because the machine was NEVER at anytime tested to work with a foot control prior to selling them to the public! He uses the public to test his junk.. Go read on his site and you'll see for yourself. And all they do is think they have a Dynasty machine for a fraction of the price and we are all stupid for paying what Miller charges for our Dynasty... They are delusional beyond words!

        If you buy an Everlast ANYTHING you need to have your head examined! I was stupid for buying one but they offered a 30 day money back warranty and I said it was worth a try. It wasn't worth the nightmare it caused dealing with that crazy man calling my house at all hours of the early morning because I'm east coast and he's in Cali calling out here in the middle of the night like a retard! The machines are junk and he's a JOKE!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by arc View Post
          there is a lot of info and testing on these on welding tips and tricks web site. looks like a decent machine but still blue blooded.....
          He gives that stuff to Jody for free to do those videos. He sells more stuff because of that one dude than any other way because people believe what he has to say like people can't be bought and paid for with money! In this world people would sell out their won mother for a dollar and we all know this is true. One man's word does not equal a quality machine.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Gunner12R View Post
            He gives that stuff to Jody for free to do those videos. He sells more stuff because of that one dude than any other way because people believe what he has to say like people can't be bought and paid for with money! In this world people would sell out their won mother for a dollar and we all know this is true. One man's word does not equal a quality machine.
            There is certainly a quality difference coming off a Miller assembly line than there is an asian import assembly line. I bet every one of miller's assemblers has the ability to purchase and use that equipment. The materials, the labor, the testing and service by Miller as compared the the ChiCom stuff is miles better. Everyone knows Horror Frieght, and the trash they sell. Informed buyers can make do with throwaway tools, and even machines.

            The whole " you can buy two asian welders for the price of a Miller" is stupid. Just like saying that any Hyundai is the same as a Mercedes, and you can buy two.

            Even if quality is on par with Miller, the ChiCom mail order service scenario is BS. I am not an electrical technician, and I should not be made to diagnose internal problems on the phone to avoid the freight costs to get service. If I have any issue with my Miller machines, my LWS comes right out to assist. Then if he is stumped he calls upon the regional Miller rep. and they have it solved in short order or they swap it out with a loaner during repair or new unit.

            Ya get what ya pay for. Oh, and never have these trash can welder people offered to let me demo one of their machines. They know it would never hold up in a professional environment. The fallout would be just plain embarrassing. Miller on the other hand treats me like a king. Demo this, demo that. I even have had the pleasure to demo Miller's orphan child, the Dynasty280. I have demoed Esab, Hobart, Miller, Linclone, and ThermalArc. Some were good, some were not(Esab).

            Sure I could outfit my shop with 20 ChiCom units, and hire a plant manager to handle the service, warranty, and legal issues forthwith. But what a supreme hassle that would be. So why would I wish any of that on an amateur?

            Sorry it turned into a rant.
            Last edited by shovelon; 01-17-2013, 03:11 PM.
            Nothing welded, Nothing gained

            Miller Dynasty700DX
            3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
            Miller Dynasty200DX
            ThermalArc 400 GTSW
            MillerMatic350P
            MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
            MKCobraMig260
            Lincoln SP-170T
            Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
            Hypertherm 1250
            Hypertherm 800
            PlasmaCam CNC cutter
            Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
            SiberHegner CNC Mill
            2 ea. Bridgeport
            LeBlond 15" Lathe
            Haberle 18" Cold Saw
            Doringer 14" Cold Saw
            6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by shovelon View Post
              There is certainly a quality difference coming off a Miller assembly line than there is an asian import assembly line. I bet every one of miller's assemblers has the ability to purchase and use that equipment. The materials, the labor, the testing and service by Miller as compared the the ChiCom stuff is miles better. Everyone knows Horror Frieght, and the trash they sell. Informed buyers can make do with throwaway tools, and even machines.

              The whole " you can buy two asian welders for the price of a Miller" is stupid. Just like saying that any Hyundai is the same as a Mercedes, and you can buy two.

              Even if quality is on par with Miller, the ChiCom mail order service scenario is BS. I am not an electrical technician, and I should not be made to diagnose internal problems on the phone to avoid the freight costs to get service. If I have any issue with my Miller machines, my LWS comes right out to assist. Then if he is stumped he calls upon the regional Miller rep. and they have it solved in short order or they swap it out with a loaner during repair or new unit.

              Ya get what ya pay for. Oh, and never have these trash can welder people offered to let me demo one of their machines. They know it would never hold up in a professional environment. The fallout would be just plain embarrassing. Miller on the other hand treats me like a king. Demo this, demo that. I even have had the pleasure to demo Miller's orphan child, the Dynasty280. I have demoed Esab, Hobart, Miller, Linclone, and ThermalArc. Some were good, some were not(Esab).

              Sure I could outfit my shop with 20 ChiCom units, and hire a plant manager to handle the service, warranty, and legal issues forthwith. But what a supreme hassle that would be. So why would I wish any of that on an amateur?

              Sorry it turned into a rant.
              yuh know......you may just be my hero....at least for a day or two

              www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
              Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
              MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
              Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

              Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
              Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300
              Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
              Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

              Comment


              • #22
                Every product has a purpose and market. I agree with you that harbor freight and these chinese welders are junk, however at a fraction of the cost it might be the right decision for some people. There are quite a few times when i was in a bind and went to Harbor Freight to purchase a tool i knew would last only once.

                So long as you know the difference and understand what you are getting i would say it's totally a personal call.

                Comment

                Working...
                X