Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn: CRUIZER! Millermatic 175 dead (Power to welder-No fan-No Gas-No Arc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay thanks! I checked the two traces resistance that I fixed and found no problems after, but before the fix they showed no connection. I will follow the other traces with the multimeter and see if I cant find something else.

Originally posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    The 2 black leads are fed from the control board, RC1 pins 1 and 5. If the switch is good the only other thing that could interupt the power is an open trace on the board itself.

Comment

Okay so checked the voltage to the fan...
      - First black wire to ground is 120v.
      - Second black wire to ground is 120v.
      - Zero across the two black but I expect that is normal as they are both positive. Correct?
      - Checked the fan resistance again and got 45.6 ohm across black and 5.4 ohm across white.

So if the fan gets 230v why dies it still not function? I assume the two white wires power the fan? Thoughts from here?

Originally posted by blue devil View Post
      Okay thanks! I checked the two traces resistance that I fixed and found no problems after, but before the fix they showed no connection. I will follow the other traces with the multimeter and see if I cant find something else.

Comment

OK, we don't test to ground (chassis) generally and not in this case....

Black to black (thats the fan circuit), power switch on should be 230vac

White to white ( control voltage) power switch on must be 24Vac

There are NO positive/ neg circuits in AC Voltage
        Last edited by cruizer; 03-28-2013, 05:49 PM.

Comment

On your traces you fried, make sure that RC1-1 goes to RC1-4 and RC3-12

And RC1-5 goes throgh to RC3-7

Comment

Working...
          X