Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mig welding is proving to be a bit tricky for me never welding before.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang- wish I was closer I would buy some of those as I'm about to make something similar.

You can cut a hole in the top deck for the gas tank but lifting the tank up 24" might be a pain but they'll last a long time fo' sho.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Those carts are awesome. you got a $100.00 in wheels ! I would cut the top shelf
      open for the tank . Set tank on bottom shelf and push into opening, secure ,and your good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
        dang- wish I was closer I would buy some of those as I'm about to make something similar.

You can cut a hole in the top deck for the gas tank but lifting the tank up 24" might be a pain but they'll last a long time fo' sho.

I am on it! I will call him tomorrow and grab two of them! I thought they seemed like a nice item!

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
          Those carts are awesome. you got a $100.00 in wheels ! I would cut the top shelf
          open for the tank . Set tank on bottom shelf and push into opening, secure ,and your good to go.
          Roger that! I am on it. Like i said to brocolli I thought they seemed nice for 85 bucks and looked like it would work as a descent cart, not to mention to have an extra to move heavy stuff around.

You woudnt know what one of them wieghs do you?

My concern is how i would get them in my truck? I might have to rent a dam trailer so i dont have to get them lifted as high.

Comment

Originally posted by pmac View Post
            Roger that! I am on it. Like i said to brocolli I thought they seemed nice for 85 bucks and looked like it would work as a descent cart, not to mention to have an extra to move heavy stuff around.

You woudnt know what one of them wieghs do you?

My concern is how i would get them in my truck? I might have to rent a dam trailer so i dont have to get them lifted as high.
            They're 40" long- stand them on end and then lift it up on to the tailgate
            Ed Conley
            MM252
            MM211
            TA185
            Miller 125c Plasma 120v
            O/A set
            SO 2020 Bender
            You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
              They're 40" long- stand them on end and then lift it up on to the tailgate

Ya I can see that. I just hope he isnt like an old frail guy LOL. Cause i am no power lifter either but ya that is pretty long. Any idea rough estimate of what that would wiegh? I will give him a call tomorrow. I knew i should have just got two of them. I wasnt sure but It seemed like a nice cart. That top plate looks pretty thick.

Comment

Originally posted by pmac View Post
                Ya I can see that. I just hope he isnt like an old frail guy LOL. Cause i am no power lifter either but ya that is pretty long. Any idea rough estimate of what that would wiegh? I will give him a call tomorrow. I knew i should have just got two of them. I wasnt sure but It seemed like a nice cart. That top plate looks pretty thick.
                The shelves are sheet metal bent down but they are still substantial carts

The CL ad has a link to the carts specs

Looks to be about 150-200lbs
                Ed Conley
                MM252
                MM211
                TA185
                Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                O/A set
                SO 2020 Bender
                You can call me Bacchus

Comment

I agree with above, no problem getting in truck. You are only lifting one end while the other will be against the tailgate. while lifting just hold against tailgate and once you get it tilted so far slide in. I would try to offer 150.00 for two.
                  Ask seller if he has any steel laying around too. Maybe see if he has some damaged ones you can salvage and rework. TAKE LOTS OF CASH!!!! CASH !!!
                  GOOD shopping and dealing !

Comment

Ya 200lbs aint bad. I will offer $150 for two thats what I was thinking. Hopefully he does have some other weldable stuff laying around.

I saw them had to be about 2 weeks or so ago I was actually looking for metal to weld.

That ad should have been up for a while now too. So hopefully he will take $75 a piece. I would definitly like to have 2 of them.

You think if he stays firm at $85 a piece still worth getting 2?

Comment

YES ! Do you have any metal storage areas ??? A cart on WHEELS would be awesome for short pieces, buckets, milk crates, etc. You could even use one for a chop saw table. Use one for a cart and add steel to the other for the table. Definitely will make storage for organizing tools, grinders, clamps, etc. You can never have enough. A cart on wheels has many uses. It'sonly money. When's the wife's birthday ? Great gift. I never deprive my wife of anything I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BD1 View Post
                        YES ! Do you have any metal storage areas ??? A cart on WHEELS would be awesome for short pieces, buckets, milk crates, etc. You could even use one for a chop saw table. Use one for a cart and add steel to the other for the table. Definitely will make storage for organizing tools, grinders, clamps, etc. You can never have enough. A cart on wheels has many uses. It'sonly money. When's the wife's birthday ? Great gift. I never deprive my wife of anything I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        LOL thats right its not for another 8 months but I never have a problem getting her an early present for her that I want. And I do want her to learn to weld as well. She is more artsy then me. She would be good at decorative things. So she is going to learn as well. Be a two person team.

I do have some nice pieces of steel to add to the one cart and the welder setup and tools to the other. I knew I should have bought them soon as I saw them.

I will get them tomorrow as long as the seller is available and he should be good and ready to sell them by now.

I just got my miller owners club thing in the mail with a nice set of decals that will go very nice on them carts!

Thanks again to you and everyone who have given me so much information.

My next beads i will get uploaded. Like its been said I will just practice running the beads on metal not trying to join anything just trying to get familier. I got a nice 3/4 inch piece of smoked glass that would make a great coffee table and two really nice end tables.

Do the plasma cutters cut glass. I could swear I read they did, but not sure. That will be my next Bigger item. I will get the halogen and the stuff I need. Also where should I get the rollers for differnt size wire and nozzles and other consumables for the welder? I cant wait to get some more stuff. I am kinda of a horder when it comes to toys, dam it I mean TOOLS!
                        Last edited by pmac; 01-16-2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

You don't need any new rollers-

the MM211 comes with all you need
                          Ed Conley
                          MM252
                          MM211
                          TA185
                          Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                          O/A set
                          SO 2020 Bender
                          You can call me Bacchus

Comment

Plasma is not meant to cut glass. I get all my consumables at my lws.

Comment

''LOL thats right its not for another 8 months but I never have a problem getting her an early present for her that I want. And I do want her to learn to weld as well. She is more artsy then me. She would be good at decorative things. So she is going to learn as well. Be a two person team. ''

Wedding gift, get HER a MILLER 200 Syncro , tig and stick. This way YOU can
                              STICK it to her.

Comment

My wife told me this morning that she wants the Passport back, she likes the arc better than the MM211

( she does weld)
                                Ed Conley
                                MM252
                                MM211
                                TA185
                                Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                                O/A set
                                SO 2020 Bender
                                You can call me Bacchus

Comment