Which outlet for dynasty 200dx?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which outlet for dynasty 200dx?

Going to start rewiring the new building on the lot next door we purchased. It was previously used as a welding shop so the wiring should be ok. I just don't like the placement of some of the plugs.

I'm moving an existing 240v oulet in my shop to a more central location not to mention the current outlet was in need of replacement. The building already has a 50amp breaker dedicated to the plug.

What style plug does the dynasty 200dx us for 240v, straight or angled?

Which one?
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_409855-43469...t_avg_rating|1

Or
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_246883-1571-...t_avg_rating|1

Does the dynasty come with a plug on it or bare wires?
    can some one post a picture of it?

Have a gift card to lowes I can use to get the outlet as well as some outdoor rated covers for my 120v outlets to prevent spraying them when grinding.

Thanks!

You just need a 30 amp outlet. I have mine off of a 50 amp straight bar as in your first one. I use that one because it is the most universal outlet that a homeowner has.

Comment

I've got all my equipment standardized with NEMA 6-50 ends. I have adapters built to allow me to plug my equipment into other types of receptacles when I'm not at the shop. IIRC, the dynasty will come with a bare pigtail and allow you to add your own plug.
      MillerMatic 251
      Maxstar 150 STH
      Cutmaster 42
      Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
        I've got all my equipment standardized with NEMA 6-50 ends. I have adapters built to allow me to plug my equipment into other types of receptacles when I'm not at the shop. IIRC, the dynasty will come with a bare pigtail and allow you to add your own plug.
        How many wires is the pigtail 3 or 4 ?

Comment

it will run on 3-phase so it should be 4-wire conductor. You can just pull off the extra (usually red) wire to run it on single phase. Depending on your situation you also might want to wire up a adapter to run it on 115v power. It will auto link for the right power source, which is handy.
          MillerMatic 251
          Maxstar 150 STH
          Cutmaster 42
          Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Working...
          X