Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which outlet for dynasty 200dx?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which outlet for dynasty 200dx?

Going to start rewiring the new building on the lot next door we purchased. It was previously used as a welding shop so the wiring should be ok. I just don't like the placement of some of the plugs.

I'm moving an existing 240v oulet in my shop to a more central location not to mention the current outlet was in need of replacement. The building already has a 50amp breaker dedicated to the plug.

What style plug does the dynasty 200dx us for 240v, straight or angled?

Which one?
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_409855-43469...t_avg_rating|1

Or
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_246883-1571-...t_avg_rating|1

Does the dynasty come with a plug on it or bare wires?
    can some one post a picture of it?

Have a gift card to lowes I can use to get the outlet as well as some outdoor rated covers for my 120v outlets to prevent spraying them when grinding.

Thanks!

You just need a 30 amp outlet. I have mine off of a 50 amp straight bar as in your first one. I use that one because it is the most universal outlet that a homeowner has.

Comment

I've got all my equipment standardized with NEMA 6-50 ends. I have adapters built to allow me to plug my equipment into other types of receptacles when I'm not at the shop. IIRC, the dynasty will come with a bare pigtail and allow you to add your own plug.

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
        I've got all my equipment standardized with NEMA 6-50 ends. I have adapters built to allow me to plug my equipment into other types of receptacles when I'm not at the shop. IIRC, the dynasty will come with a bare pigtail and allow you to add your own plug.
        How many wires is the pigtail 3 or 4 ?

Comment

it will run on 3-phase so it should be 4-wire conductor. You can just pull off the extra (usually red) wire to run it on single phase. Depending on your situation you also might want to wire up a adapter to run it on 115v power. It will auto link for the right power source, which is handy.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.