Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insuring Tools

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insuring Tools

Over the years i have put together a collection of expensive tools for my personal garage. Welders, plasma cutters, lathes, mills etc. Since it is all stored in my personal garage and used for personal use only my home insurance policy will not cover it. What are you home/hobbyist guys doing to protect your tools?

Insurance

I had my garage and its contents insured by my homeowners seperate from my house.

Comment

homeowners..

Most homeowner policys have a max of 5000 in tools. In order to insure my tools, both on my srv truck and shop i had to pay for added policies on my business insurance. Only way i found to do it.
      Kevin

Comment

most insurance companies will insure a particular item, or collection of items, for an additional cost, on the ho policy

Comment

Insuring Tools

Everything is insurable at a price. If your home owners caps off you need to get an Additional policy, if you want the coverage.

Comment

I couldn't get my insurance to cover hand tools, but I did get them to cover larger items. Each item had to have a serial/vin number, and had to be individually listed on the policy.

I even tried to get them to insure hand tools with a $1k or $2k deductable. I don't want to claim one or two tools that I loose. I just want to claim if a theif wipes me out. Still no go for hand tools. I have way more invested in tools than I have in welders/equipment so I wasn't happy.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.