MM 211 BEST wire size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM 211 BEST wire size

Ready to add the 211 to my collection. After searching the postings here and at other sites it seems that most did prefer .030 for steel up to 1/4.'' It was stated that this machine likes .030 better then .035.
    Just thought I would ask since this machine has been purchased by many here. Is there a wire manufacture that you like over others ? Lincoln, Hobart ??
    THANKS !

I would go over to Hobart Weld Talk and ask this question there. Dan is a regular contributor, has done field testing on many of the Hobart machines over the past years, and is an encyclopedia on welding wire.

Comment

Originally posted by cope View Post
      I would go over to Hobart Weld Talk and ask this question there. Dan is a regular contributor, has done field testing on many of the Hobart machines over the past years, and is an encyclopedia on welding wire.
      Alan (Cope),

A MM 180 ( pre auto-set) is the only machine that Miller has ever sent me to test. I tried seeing if they'd send me a MM 211 to compare to the Handler 210 MVP. The replies I received back from the PM, made it seem like they were willing to send me a unit, however it never did happened. So, I'd be no help on providing feedback on a MM 211. I'd love to try one out though, because I am interested in checking out the Auto-set feature.
      Last edited by Danny; 01-11-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I like the Hobart wire over Prostar which my LWS carries.

Everything I have read says .030 unless doing body work then .023
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
        Syncrowave 250
        RCCS-14

Comment

I run .030 pinnacle alloys in my 180.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I did more reviews and 030 is what most guys prefer.

Comment

MM 211 BEST wire size

I don't weld on anything smaller than 16ga and I run .035 70s... Cheap Mailam wire for everyday use... Unless it's calling for a certain spec of wire in your process/print a good welder can take .80 cent/lb and make quality, and pretty welds. But you can sure tell when you put the high dollar stuff in, you don't have to "work" it as much it just flows like hot butter!

Comment

Working...
              X