Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

millermatic auto feed

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• millermatic auto feed

Welding in auto feed (millermatic 211) mode wire started hitting the bottom. Worked fine in manual. Is this a sign of something going wrong? setting on .030 wire.

Hitting Bottom??

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
      Hitting Bottom??
      Sounds like the spool is running out of wire, install new spool of wire. I didn't know the MM211 had an Auto Feed mode. Do you means Auto Set? If so, go back to manual settings and forget the A/S mode. Most people that have these machines find out it don't work as advertised. Manual setting is the way to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bistineau View Post
        Sounds like the spool is running out of wire, install new spool of wire. I didn't know the MM211 had an Auto Feed mode. Do you means Auto Set? If so, go back to manual settings and forget the A/S mode. Most people that have these machines find out it don't work as advertised. Manual setting is the way to go with it.
        That's for sure! The auto setting on my new MM211 is next to worthless. Waaaaaaaaay too hot on any but the thickest steel. Kind of irritating that they would develop (and charge) for a feature that is so far off from what's it is advertised to do for most people. Having said that, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just wish I hadn't paid for a useless "bell and whistle".

Comment

Originally posted by the45er View Post
          That's for sure! The auto setting on my new MM211 is next to worthless. Waaaaaaaaay too hot on any but the thickest steel. Kind of irritating that they would develop (and charge) for a feature that is so far off from what's it is advertised to do for most people. Having said that, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Just wish I hadn't paid for a useless "bell and whistle".
          You need to stop bashing a feature that you seem unable to comprehend. Auto-set works as advertised. You NEED to adjust it to your conditions just like any other machine. The idea is to get you in the ball park...no different than out of Auto-set, save for the fact that you have half the knobs to turn.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.