Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welder Generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I would get a small genset and a Miller Maxstar if I couldn't reach it, then some kind of wire feed for the shop. A gas engine drive is terrible for this kind of work, starting it for every zot gets old and expensive. The 252 is good,, for the shop where it belongs, you probably should have kept it. If you don't have it you need one.

    Sounds like this outfit is way behind the curve. Yodidn'tnt list location but you need a good consultant,,, this may be different than a good welder and a god one is not there to agree with every idea, he should be there to fit the equipment to the job.
    Maybe you should have asked your maintenance guy
    He might not know either,, they obviously didnt charge him with getting the equipment.
    Last edited by Sberry; 01-10-2013, 05:21 AM.

    Comment


    • #17
      I have a sneaking suspicion, these guys don't have a actual shop. Perhaps a quonset. Thats why the fella was asking for a generator to run the 252. Otherwise why the generator?

      Anyhow, we don't know what the maint guy is doing, or why he needs a welder

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by cruizer View Post

        Anyhow, we don't know what the maint guy is doing, or why he needs a welder
        Don't even know if they maintenance guy knows what to do with a welder IF he had it.
        Maybe the suggestion for hiring a weldor when he's needed is the best option here, DUNNO Maybe Phayne will come back to clear up the muddy water soon.

        Comment


        • #19
          Ok here is one for you. What would be a good little mig and generator for a startup mobile welding business. I know some newer generators are brushless and so on so forth. I'm looking to cut down weight for jobs that of don't need the 1200 lb rig to fix a deck for a lawn mower or just basic household stuff. I don't have a shop yet and I am just putting this business venture together so it's hard for me to say bring it here. I do have my million dollar welders contractors insurance pack. I have been welding for a shop for a wile now just unsure of duty cycles some are 10 min some are 30 min. To bad the miller renegade isn't here to save the day.

          Comment


          • #20
            How do you make sure it's running clean power btw.

            Comment


            • #21
              Reading this and now I am worried. The 211 will be here tomorrow or Wednesday, While I have shop power I planned to use this with a generator also.

              My gen. is 6800 running watts, 60hz, 30amp 220v with below 6% THD. It all seems good enough but now I have doubts.

              Seems I read that the 211 needs a 25amp input. I'm half asleep so I don't know but the last thing I need is a sputtering mig. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

              Maybe .030 wire and taking it easy will do.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Hardrock40 View Post
                Reading this and now I am worried. The 211 will be here tomorrow or Wednesday, While I have shop power I planned to use this with a generator also.

                My gen. is 6800 running watts, 60hz, 30amp 220v with below 6% THD. It all seems good enough but now I have doubts.

                Seems I read that the 211 needs a 25amp input. I'm half asleep so I don't know but the last thing I need is a sputtering mig. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

                Maybe .030 wire and taking it easy will do.
                Your genset outputs 30 amps and the MM211 needs 25 input amps. The 25 amp input is only needed when you get to the upper range of the MM211, which you probably won't be in most of the time, so you should be good to go with that rig. Even maxed out, you still have a little buffer room on the genset. Just make sure it is not set for "Auto-Idle" so the engine stays at operating RPM while welding.



                Whatever happened with phayne and his situation? Did he get what he needed or what? It's like he just fell off the edge of the earth.He should have had the courtesy to reply back with his final purchase/decision was on this post, after the suggestions and responses he got.
                Last edited by Bistineau; 02-05-2013, 10:56 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Bistineau View Post
                  Your genset outputs 30 amps and the MM211 needs 25 input amps. The 25 amp input is only needed when you get to the upper range of the MM211, which you probably won't be in most of the time, so you should be good to go with that rig. Even maxed out, you still have a little buffer room on the genset. Just make sure it is not set for "Auto-Idle" so the engine stays at operating RPM while welding.



                  Whatever happened with phayne and his situation? Did he get what he needed or what? It's like he just fell off the edge of the earth.He should have had the courtesy to reply back with his final purchase/decision was on this post, after the suggestions and responses he got.
                  Thanks a million, takes the edge off to hear some positive advice. I can't wait to run my first ever mig bead. Love the tig and stick but always wanted to try mig.

                  I don't about phayne, guess he is out making decisions.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X