Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Econotig issues...., arc issues, no amperage control

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Econotig issues...., arc issues, no amperage control

Hi, New to the forums here. Been reading everything I can on these econotig issues. Mine seems to be just a tad but different, or maybe not.

First off I only use my machine for tig.. I replaced all torch components. Running I think the new purple tungsten. Airgas set me up with saying it will do alum/ and steel. regulator is at 20, tank is nearly full.

I seem to have couple issues. My high freq works half the time, could be ground.

It seems like it does not have enough oomph to even start a puddle, on 1/16-1/8" steel or aluminum. It barely has enough to melt the filler.

Now If I crank it all the way up to 100% on the dial or all the way down the outcome is the same, not enough to start a puddle on steel. With my pedal I don't have any control either. Wide open or the very least the control does not differ. Like on or off.

Thanks PRAXAIR wants $180 to send it out, + any more after that you won't know until you get the bill............ F-THAT !!

Sounds like your PC1 arc start board is pooched.

Comment

I'm assuming this is the $300-400 board that I've been reading about?

Dumb question but what would be the best course of action?

Weird tho I seemed to be able to weld Or what I assume to be welding cuz I used some filler up, lol some 1/8th

aluminum last night. Seemed like i had to move really really fast. But on some mild

steel I can't get a puddle to start? DCEN is what I was on for steel

Comment

Working...
      X
      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.