sorry, more 180 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry, more 180 problems

I have a syncrowave 180 sd, serial # leo50118. When I try to strike an ark it sounds as if it is very "straining" if you will then shuts down and sets a hlp 1 code. I have double checked all connections to the switch, even bypased the switch and problem still is there.
    I called tech support and was told I have to start by replacing the board, no way to diagnose the problem just to change the board and see what happens. I feel there is a better way to diagnose this problem so I am here.
    I was also told by an independent tech to just buy another machine. I apreciate any and all help I can get from you profesionals

One of your rectifier SCRs is cooked, should be replaced as a pair with #208384

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
      One of your rectifier SCRs is cooked, should be replaced as a pair with #208384
      Thanks for the response, now not to sound dumb, but what and where are the rectifier scr's?

Comment

Look in your book for mods 1 & 2

Comment

Thank you again! Now is there any way to test these? Continuity, ohmeter ect?

Comment

well, thats what help 1 basically means, and the problems you mentioned kinda verified it. What you can do is just take down the scr part# on the side of one of them and have a gander on ebay for better prices.

Comment

The price from miller has been around 150ish, that doesn't scare me, I will replace both of them. However it is Sunday and I was board and have a dvom handy. Again thanks for your help

Comment

Well I replaced the scr's at 367 bucks. Still have same problem, Any diag procedure I should try?

Comment

Originally posted by mcmscott View Post
                  Thank you again! Now is there any way to test these? Continuity, ohmeter ect?
                  This YouTube video shows a pretty simple way to test them.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4To05OtDxs

Comment

Working...
                  X