Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

welding rods

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding rods

Welding that I have r not marked to b ac or dc is there a good way to tell what they r. i know that they work better on dc as for getting them to start. they are 6011,6013, and 7018 in all sizes
    Last edited by JJE; 01-04-2013, 09:22 AM. Reason: add more info

welding rods

What they are used for and polarity is all in the numbers, look at a rod chart and it will even tell you what amps it can be ran at.
    Kevin

Comment

where can I find a chart because they are not in a box and thinks for the help

Comment

welding rods

If there AC it should be marked on rod ie.
        7018-AC if not on rod should be DC.
        Down load miller weld setting APP for settings

Comment

welding rods

Miller sells a slide charts for SMAW, GMAW and GTAW

Comment

6011 and 6013 could be run AC or DC,7018 would be run DC and 7018AC would be run in AC.

043125 near the bottom of he page here,

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/#calculators

Comment

thinks for all the info. That is what I thought but was not sure so that is why i ask the pros.

Comment

welding rods

I hope the link works, first time trying to post one. The Lincoln Electrode Guide has a lot of good information. Pages 36-38 should answer your questions on current and polarity.
                http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/en_US/Products/Consumable_StickElectrodes-MildandLowAlloySteels-Excalibur-Excalibur7018-1MR/c2410.pdf

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.