Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hobart Handler 210 MVP

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobart Handler 210 MVP

It's the same as the MM211, yet less expensive. Even comes with the same spool gun option. Why would you need that for aluminum?

Originally posted by Torched43 View Post
    Why would you need that for aluminum?
    Have you welded much alum with a mig? It sure makes it much nicer to work with...Bob

Comment

aluminum

I actually have never mig welded at all. I was just asking because I want to learn and those were the ones that were recommended. I may be leaning towards Hobart.

Comment

OK...Bob

Comment

I have not researched these two machines side by side but in the past I have found that the Miller machines usually have some upgrades vs. the Hobarts. Hence the price difference. Example would be similar parts on the Miller would be metal & Hobart plastic. Wether it makes a difference for a hobbiest or not I don't know.

Comment

Just took a quick look at the machines & one thing I notice is Miller has infinite voltage control where Hobart has seven taps. Always heard good things about both mfg.

Comment

I got spoiled with infinite voltage control on the millers. I have used a Hobart handler 180 to do some work and it was okay. Just don't have the adjustability. Still a quality machine to learn on. Better than a cheapie home cheapo special. I think Northern Tool had them on sale recently for $750 shipped. That a great price for a brand new 200 amp mig welder. With a good size bottle of c25 mixed gas and your still under $1000.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.