Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxygen tank question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxygen tank question

I have a brand new aluminum medical oxygen tank. It stands about ohh about 2 and half feet or so. Can this be used as a tank for an oxy/acetylene set up? I have other smaller oxygen tanks too they are only about 1 foot high or so maybe a bit more not even sure the diameter but I have 5 of them. BUt they are all aluminum green tops and bottom and aluminum color in the middle.

I amTrying to figure out if I should try selling them off or keep them.

Thanks in advance!

Pat M

Oxygen tank question

I have had 5 medical cylinders, size E, I believe, converted to both Oxygen, Argon, and Helium for portable welding.

I went to a cylinder house in Aurora, IL to have this conversion performed. The cyls needed to be hydrotested, so it was a 1-stop shop.

Having a portable Argon cylinder is really convenient.

Happy new year!

Comment

Originally posted by karchiba View Post
      I have had 5 medical cylinders, size E, I believe, converted to both Oxygen, Argon, and Helium for portable welding.

I went to a cylinder house in Aurora, IL to have this conversion performed. The cyls needed to be hydrotested, so it was a 1-stop shop.

Having a portable Argon cylinder is really convenient.

Happy new year!
      Awesome! Yep this is the E as well, brand new. One tank of oxygen went through it. I have 5 of the smaller ones too not sure what they are I will have to look.

Thanks a bunch

Happy New Year!

Comment

Depending how much you plan to use it these empty very quickly with cutting &/or heating.

Comment

Originally posted by MMW View Post
          Depending how much you plan to use it these empty very quickly with cutting &/or heating.

Ya I can see that. I got a 125 cu ft tank for argon/co2 brand new. I was just curious. I will keep them around though. Not so much them real small ones but the Bigger one is alright and light, compared to the 125 cu ft.

TY!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.