Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller 625 Spectrum cup issues

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 625 Spectrum cup issues

I have a 625 plasma cutter (not the extreme) and tonight after the machine had set for a couple months I fired it up and started cutting. I cut for a total of 24" on 1/8 when the arc went out. I have a flashing cup light. After playing with it for a couple hours I still have the same problem. I have changed all consumables several times, took the gun apart and bypassed the solid cup light function, checked voltage, air, connections ect. About the only thing I haven't done is change the whole gun(ONLY because I didnt have a spare)

Any ideas? I have looked at the circuit board and see nothing burnt on the back side, and visually inspected the front top and see nothing.

It sucks because I bought this from a local store that was going out of business last Christmas and dont have a bill of sale(that I can find). I have only about 20 hours on the machine.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Jason

Please contact me at tlux@millerwelds.com I will help you fix your machine it is not the torch.

Comment

Working...
    X
    Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.