Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

welding cloths

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding cloths

I was just wondering what everyone wears to weld in. do you prefer welding jackets or those have shirt sleeves with a apron attached to the bottom of it or even the good ol' wrangler shirts. Just another topic to see what everyone uses. also very bored at the moment lol.

FR shirt and pants unless i am outside in the cold then its FR coveralls over them...Bob

Comment

welding cloths

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cyberweld_2244_150193277
      Leather top jacket with detachable leather bib. Almost like that but detachable bib
      Last edited by go2building; 12-28-2012, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Welding sock sleeves are the best. Look them up.
        & a welders hockey mask. With a cloth. Welders jacket. Is my preference. In these 30 degree weather.

Comment

Crocks and shorts if 7018, 6010 ill put boots and jeans on. Bright red thong either way

Comment

Depends on the job. Just use common sence. After a couple of hot ones you'll know what to wear.

Comment

welding cloths

Crocks and shorts ( red thong ) LMFAO

Comment

wear during welding

If cool I always use the leather jacket and blue jeans... If hot, flannel shirt instead...

no welding boots or welding socks. do use cotton socks. umm I got the scars on my feet to show I don't use boots.
                Last edited by dandeman; 12-30-2012, 11:15 AM. Reason: my spillin wert correck !

Comment

Having difficult time locating fr bright green thong

Comment

Cotton or other non-synthetic fibers (synthetics melt and catch fire like napalm).

Comment

welding cloths

Generally, I stay with Carhartt bib coveralls overtop a long sleeve work shirt made of a heavier material. Works great for spinning pipe, repair, or general fab work. Plus you get a lot of pockets this way! When I pull out the air-arc, I throw a leather jacket on overtop

Comment

Jeans, boots and leather jacket. When it's 100 degrees I may just wear a long sleeve shirt without jacket.

Comment

Depends on where and what process. If it is TIG in my shop (attached to my house) I wear my Tuxedo and a Boutinier or maybe my speedos and sandals or nothing .. If it is Stick welding out on the hill in the cold and wind, it is Carhartts and boots. The key is to fit the clothes to the job and the weather conditions.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.