Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

375 extreme plasma cutter problems

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 375 extreme plasma cutter problems

HELP ! I have a 375 extreme plasma cutter with the ice 27t torch. This machine has very few cutting hours on it . When I attempt to fire up the machine (air line hooked up, correct pressure,either power input plug installed, ambient temp aprox 50' f,new electrode and tip installed, nothing visibly wrong with swirl ring) the following happens

1-green light and 3 orange trouble lights illuminate for about 0.5 of a second

2-trouble lights go out,green stays illuminated for about 2 seconds.then there is a click, air starts to flow out torch and temperature light comes on and stays on,trigger does nothing, (no Arc)

3- air continues to flow out of torch without depressing the trigger for 20 seconds then stops but the green light and temperature light stay illuminated and still no action when trigger is pressed

Any ideas guys?? I already spent $60 in gas hauling it into a service center. They took the cover off and unplugged the plug with 2 small white wires that goes to the center of the control board. The machine then started working. We tested it for a a few seconds in their shop and I took it home. The first time i plugged it in at home -same problem.

First remove the cover with the power plug removed and check/clean the water trap air filter. Next see where the power switch is pointing to 110 or 220 volts , adjust to suit power you have. With compressed air blow all the dust out.
    The new torch parts are they Miller or a clone this makes a difference.

Ji

Comment

sorry- already cleaned out water filter,was absolutely no moisture or other contaminants ,I run a a desiccant filter off the compressor as well as another one just prior to machine along with a regulator to keep correct pressure. have tried both the 110 and 208 plugs along with adjusting dial as required. tip parts were genuine miller. Thoughts?

Comment

With the box back together and the unit powered and aired, turn the amps dial on the front of the machine counter clockwise to 0. Then flick the power switch to on. Air should run out of the torch. Now adjust the air pressure dial clockwise until the air stops running out of the torch. Mine needs to have 90 psi.

Ji

Comment

By the way i also checked ,the machine energizes the solenoid that supplies air to the gun about 2 seconds after power switch is turned on and WITHOUT the trigger being depressed...

Comment

tried as suggested startind with the amp dial at zero,machine powered and aired- no change ,same sequence of events, same timing, no difference with lower air pressures or recommended

Comment

What was the highest psi air pressure you tried?

Ji

Comment

about 115psi

Comment

Post a picture of the torch parts. There should be an o ring, cup, electrode & tip.
                  Dont tighten the cup to tight or the electrode can not move backwards when required.

Ji

Comment

Name:  ad15e2c04cfc8b51cf30b1f2375822e6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  50.1 KB

Comment

Contact me directly at tlux@millerwelds.com and I will help you fix your plasma cutter

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.