Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for 75 ton hydraulic cylinders

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 75 ton hydraulic cylinders

Now that things have slowed down I have time to build a 150 ton 4 foot wide press brake. Been looking around for a good deal on a couple used matching cylinders (such as e bay and google search) but to no avail. I found an online company in florida called FOX pressbrakes that makes their on cylinders and was quoted a price for $1,200 for a 100 ton cylinder (they dont make anything around a 75 ton).
    Still a little more than I hope to spend so I am checking to see if anyone out their in cyberspace has any leeds to a couple used double acting cylinders around the 75 ton range with an operating pressure of 10,000 psi.
    I will post pictures of the build as it progresses.

A friend of mine has about 10 sets of cylinders laying around. Ranging from 50t to 150t. Their in good shape, I will have to call him to get all of the specs if your interested

Comment

Looking for 75 ton hydraulic cylinders

Weldonwelding,

I would be interested in what size cylinders your friend may have.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by weldonwelding View Post
        A friend of mine has about 10 sets of cylinders laying around. Ranging from 50t to 150t. Their in good shape, I will have to call him to get all of the specs if your interested
        Sure, I would appreciate the info.

Comment

You could try Surplus center...

http://www.surpluscenter.com/home.asp

If they don't have what you want, call them, they often have stuff
          that isn't cataloged.
          HTH Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frank865 View Post
            You could try Surplus center...

http://www.surpluscenter.com/home.asp

If they don't have what you want, call them, they often have stuff
            that isn't cataloged.
            HTH Frank
            Thanks,

I did find something that I could use on their site. Not quite what I was wanting but may consider them if I cannot locate anything else. All of their cylinders operate at 3,000 psi which makes for a very large cylinder.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.