X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7018fiend
    started a topic Rusty pipe flange. Need to separate

Rusty pipe flange. Need to separate

I'm trying to redo the pipe on my exhaust for my truck. In order to take only the section off I need welded, there's a flange right after the catalytic converter that I should be able to unbolt. Only problem is it is so rusted that I can't get it to come apart. Any ideas?

• mikesystem
    replied
    I do lot of custom exhaust work please post what year model motor and ect ect ect i can tell you a easy way to fix it u might not need to worrie about the flange behind the cat post it up and will advise

Leave a comment:

• Rezeppa
    replied
    Get tools

Invest in some Kroil Oil and O&A torch. Do you have an air hammer? cut off a bit or buy a hammer bit and vibrate it off

Leave a comment:

• Wheelchair
    replied
    Kroil

Leave a comment:

• wrench3047
    replied
    If inner pipe is trash denting it inwards will help breaking the rust. Heat from a propane torch would be a big help. Either way wd-40 and tapping it with a hammer will help too. If you spray it before heating it watch you eyebrows.

Leave a comment:

• 7018fiend
    replied
    Ok. I think I'm gonna try the chisel since I cut the bolts and it's still attached. I don't really have access to a hot enough torch so thats out the window.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    If your just talking about the bolts then get new ones & cut off the old ones. If you have already done that & the flanges still won't seperate then you can try heating them with a torch & hitting with a hammer. Also maybe there is a spot you can get a chisel started between the flanges to force them apart.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Heat wrench...BFH...hacksaw...O/A torch

Leave a comment:

• backhoe1
    replied
    BFH---works every time.

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Pb blaster or wd40 and let it sit? How fast does it need to come off? Can you heat up some part of it to break it loose?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X