Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compatability

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatability

Hello all
    i'm chasing some info regarding my speedglass 9000x welding helmet.
    It has died after a good 13 years in service ( green death in the battery compartment). What i am enquiring about is if i can replace the lens with the new 9002x lens as i can get one nice and local. Any information regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers rowdog

Compatability

This hood must have sentimental value to you.
    The auto darkening lens is the expensive part, not the hood. I'm on my second miller hood, still using the original auto darkening lens. I got the elite passive hood and put my auto lens in it.

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
      This hood must have sentimental value to you.
      The auto darkening lens is the expensive part, not the hood. I'm on my second miller hood, still using the original auto darkening lens. I got the elite passive hood and put my auto lens in it.

So the lens will fit my old hood them? No its not that sentimental (not one to get attached to such things, maybe a good beer though) but i can buy a 90002x lens for $225 and a complete hood starts at $400 plus hence keeping the hood.Thanks for replyng

Comment

Compatability

If you can get one nice and local why don't you take you hood there and see if it fits.
        From what I've seen all the 9000 series hoods look the same in shape.
        Millers passive lens hoods are only $32 and the elite auto lenses fit in them.

Comment

Sorry when I say local it's still a 12 hr round trip by car to see if it fits, rather ask than waste time, might still go though and check out the other helmets I have read about on other threads,( optrel, and the elite)
          thanks for the advice
          Cheers Brett

Comment

Compatability

You could order it from Cyberweld.com and if it doesn't fit just send it back.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.