Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailblazer 302 no power

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 302 no power

Hello Nice Forum site!

My dad just dropped off his trailblazer 302 welder for me to use. He bought in in 2005 and he only starts it up once in awhile and never uses it. Well we checked over everything before we tried to start it but the battery was dead.

I put it on a charger and let the battery charge up. When I started it everything was working good. I shut it off for a few minutes and started it again. This time I had no power at the outlets and nothing lights up on the panel. I Checked all of the breakers. Did on of the circuit boards go bad which one? Not sure what else to do?

I'll chime in till someone else comes up with a better idea.
    You didn't specify gas, diesel, air pak, or if you had read the manual or not.
    Here's the link to the gas 302 manual.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o4426ae_mil.pdf
    Here's the diesel manual link.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o217454t_mil.pdf
    And the Air-pak 302 manual.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o229930m_mil.pdf
    Each has helpful tips on what to check for certain issues, they also have a section if you're handy with a multimeter and reading electronic schematics.
    Hopefully someone chimes in with a more precise answer soon.

Comment

Did you crank it with the battery charger still connected and powered up?

You'll not find any warnings in any of the manuals but the later TBs are known for board failures following boosting with a charger or jumping with a vehicle.

Some have had just the power board or control board fail and some both.

Comment

Trailblazer 302 no power

It is a gas powered engine. I did start it will the charger on. The engine runs good I just do not see any power coming out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by trx250r View Post
          I did start it will the charger on.
          That's what I was afraid of.

Again, you won't find it written in a manual anywhere but a number of board failures have occurred when a TB had been cranked while hooked to a battery charger. I suspect this may be the case with your unit at this point.

Comment

Tailblazer 302 no power

Thank you for all the help. I checked it last night. The board is bad.

Comment

bad board

how can you tell if the board is bad

Comment

bad board

Originally posted by duaneb55 View Post
                Did you crank it with the battery charger still connected and powered up?

You'll not find any warnings in any of the manuals but the later TBs are known for board failures following boosting with a charger or jumping with a vehicle.

Some have had just the power board or control board fail and some both.
                hey duane how can i tell if the board is bad on my 08 tb

Comment

bad board2

I did not boost it or charge the battery . I was using it hard and the welding power quit and the outlet power quit .The display board shows the oil change percentage. trying to find out how to check the power board

Comment

It is usually best to start your own thread, rather than piggyback on a thread that may have already been read by the pros, and not looked at again as the issue was solved.

Comment

bad board

Originally posted by walker View Post
                      It is usually best to start your own thread, rather than piggyback on a thread that may have already been read by the pros, and not looked at again as the issue was solved.
                      ok will do thanks for the tip walker

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.