Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple Tig question

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple Tig question

Hey how's it going I have a simple question that came up between me and a friend. Dose a foot pedal give you the same amperage control on lift start as it would on Hf-start on a XMT machine.

A xmt doesn't have high frequency unless you've added a external high frequency box such as a hf-251. The amperage would be the same.

Comment

simple Tig question

The question is about amperage control I am aware there is no Hf on this machine

Comment

I interpreted the question the same way Showdog75 did. It seemed as if you were comparing the foot control in HF and LA on an XMT.

The foot control should function the same on LA or HF on any electric machine. I mainly use Miller machines so I can't say much as far as lincoln machines go, but I am sure they work the same.

If the XMT has auto remote sense, it would for sure be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BELLBOYMOTORSPORTS View Post
          The question is about amperage control I am aware there is no Hf on this machine

So essentially you have asked 'Is amperage control the same on this machine if I use a feature that is has, as well as if I use a feature that it does not have?'

Comment

simple Tig question

Ok maybe I worded that poorly. Dose the foot pedal amperage control function properly in lift start Tig welding. High freq. is only mentioned as reference. Or better yet. Can you still use a foot pedal if you don't have HF.

Comment

Foot control controls amps, regardless of how you start.
              CG

Comment

simple Tig question

Thanks that's what I was looking for CG

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.