Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.


  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

bought a new to me dynasty 350

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bought a new to me dynasty 350

    just like to say i bought my self a dynasty 350 for x mas i cant wait to get it set up

  • #2
    a great christmas indeed

    wow congrats great machine.thats one great christmas present.was it a complete runner or just the machine?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cayager View Post
      wow congrats great machine.thats one great christmas present.was it a complete runner or just the machine?
      its a complete air cooled system and have a coolmate for it so just need a 350 amp water torch and i am set i kinda liked the idea of air cooled since this is my first every tig welder i have owned all the others have been water so the air is portable if i need it

      Comment


      • #4
        bought a new to me dynasty 350

        Great machine, you'll love it.
        Kevin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by go2building View Post
          Great machine, you'll love it.
          Kevin
          ya if its as good as everyone says they are i will love it

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikesystem View Post
            ya if its as good as everyone says they are i will love it
            It's really good on thick alum and the pulse feature is awesome for thin steels and stainless steels. Easy on the power bill too.

            It's gonna be a bit intimadateing at first, but keep checking the the Dynasty setup sticky at the top of the page. And keep asking questions. This is where I learned the tricks that are so confusing in the manual.
            Last edited by shovelon; 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Is there a serial number on it??????

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JSFAB View Post
                Is there a serial number on it??????
                yes there is would not be that stupid to buy something with out a serial number on it

                Comment


                • #9
                  The best TIG welder on the market! (dyn 700 has more power but 350 amp is plenty)

                  You will love it. I have a 2011 model i bought after owning the sync 250dx. Anyhow i have spent the last year learning how to really fine tune the settings. Enjoy it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by regal2800 View Post
                    The best TIG welder on the market! (dyn 700 has more power but 350 amp is plenty)

                    You will love it. I have a 2011 model i bought after owning the sync 250dx. Anyhow i have spent the last year learning how to really fine tune the settings. Enjoy it.
                    I build aluminum hot rod rads and custom coolers for snowmobiles do custom exhaust work it's a home garage hobby that's all did not want to spend the extra but since I am doing it figured I would get the 350 instead of the dynasty 200 I don't think I could go with only having 200 amp so did the jump to 350 dynasty. The 700 is bad a$$ but way over kill for me

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      bought a new to me dynasty 350

                      The 350 is way better than the 200. The 200 is way easier for portability than the 350, glad I have both
                      Kevin

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by go2building View Post
                        The 350 is way better than the 200. The 200 is way easier for portability than the 350, glad I have both
                        Kevin
                        I am going to have both air and water I don't plan on moving it to much but if I do I will run the air cooled torch and leave the cart and cooler at home plus have finger and foot pedal as well

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Miller dynasty 350 bought new in 2006

                          Got mine new back in 2006 with the water cooling kit and complete rack, we manufactured railings and towers for Bertam yachts, the last job was done around 2009, machine never had any problems, was put inside my clean garage waiting for better days... Few weeks ago when I finally tried to use the machine the display was dead, power is ok 230v in and out of the main breaker, white and black wires, red is isolated just like before.. Grown is ok.
                          We took the machine to the Miller service center in Hollywood Florida, they charge me $210 to evaluate the problem.. They claim that all 3 boards are bad and the repairs will cost close around $3200, they offer $750 to buy it as is.
                          The most incredible part of this deal is that the inside and outside looks like new, no sign of burned parts, resistors, capacitors, are all clean & perfect, machine was inside, no dents. Paid close to $9000 with the extra long lines, pipe covers, I made payments (lease for so long) and now that is mine is no good.
                          I need advice..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mabruteam View Post
                            Got mine new back in 2006 with the water cooling kit and complete rack, we manufactured railings and towers for Bertam yachts, the last job was done around 2009, machine never had any problems, was put inside my clean garage waiting for better days... Few weeks ago when I finally tried to use the machine the display was dead, power is ok 230v in and out of the main breaker, white and black wires, red is isolated just like before.. Grown is ok.
                            We took the machine to the Miller service center in Hollywood Florida, they charge me $210 to evaluate the problem.. They claim that all 3 boards are bad and the repairs will cost close around $3200, they offer $750 to buy it as is.
                            The most incredible part of this deal is that the inside and outside looks like new, no sign of burned parts, resistors, capacitors, are all clean & perfect, machine was inside, no dents. Paid close to $9000 with the extra long lines, pipe covers, I made payments (lease for so long) and now that is mine is no good.
                            I need advice..
                            That's not good I would call a tech at miller tig department

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mabruteam View Post
                              Got mine new back in 2006 with the water cooling kit and complete rack, we manufactured railings and towers for Bertam yachts, the last job was done around 2009, machine never had any problems, was put inside my clean garage waiting for better days... Few weeks ago when I finally tried to use the machine the display was dead, power is ok 230v in and out of the main breaker, white and black wires, red is isolated just like before.. Grown is ok.
                              We took the machine to the Miller service center in Hollywood Florida, they charge me $210 to evaluate the problem.. They claim that all 3 boards are bad and the repairs will cost close around $3200, they offer $750 to buy it as is.
                              The most incredible part of this deal is that the inside and outside looks like new, no sign of burned parts, resistors, capacitors, are all clean & perfect, machine was inside, no dents. Paid close to $9000 with the extra long lines, pipe covers, I made payments (lease for so long) and now that is mine is no good.
                              I need advice..
                              Hold on there. I would take it to another service center. The likelyhood that it worked perfect when you used it last, then won't fire up when next used does not indicate to me that all three boards are dead. I have only had boards fail under load.

                              And the fact they offered to buy it is sketchy too. I bet they never even opened it. I have a dead Dynasty350 that endured some 8000 hours of hard labor that I keep for an ornament. It indeed failed under full load, and has bad boards. However I would gladly take $750 for it, as I know for a fact that it died a noble death and aint coming back to life.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.